How do I update to v5 beta

beats23

No luck with manual update. I get this error.

[14-Oct-2024 07:45:14 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(../init.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/booty/Sites/test45/admin/upgrade/index.php on line 14
  [14-Oct-2024 07:45:14 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Failed opening required '../init.php' (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php8.2.20/lib/php') in /Users/booty/Sites/test45/admin/upgrade/index.php:14
  Stack trace:
  #0 {main}
    thrown in /Users/booty/Sites/test45/admin/upgrade/index.php on line 14

15 minutes ago, beats23 said:

I'll wait until the beta can be installed for the ACP.

Any idea when will the v5 beta can install from the ACP with automatic upgrade?

It may be a manual upload yet. As Daniel mentioned, it does look like you didnt have all files there

21 minutes ago, beats23 said:

Any idea when will the v5 beta can install from the ACP with automatic upgrade?

I think she is asking when we will be able to upgrade V5 as a final product. When will this Invision Community forum and we all move to V5.

Edited by fileo

2 minutes ago, beats23 said:

No I meant using \define( 'USE_DEVELOPMENT_BUILDS', true ); in the constant.php file, so beta versions can be automatically installed from the ACP.

It s Ok, but my question - When will this Invision Community forum and we all move to V5 as a final product. Someone from the team told me in PM that the product will be ready in April, and now it is the middle of October.

2 hours ago, fileo said:

It s Ok, but my question - When will this Invision Community forum and we all move to V5 as a final product. Someone from the team told me in PM that the product will be ready in April, and now it is the middle of October.

We're in beta. Of course it depends on that testing.

In terms of the time scale, we did actually announce it was taking longer due to switching out the editor unfortunately. However its still much much faster than most

• Management

It may never be possible to do an ACP upgrade for v5. Unpacking v5 files onto v4 will just cause more errors that ChatGPT trying to do basic math.

We may write something totally new to do it once v4 has reached EOL and is no longer an option.

If you're using Mac, then ditch MAMP and get Herd (don't worry, it's not Laravel only). I had nothing but trouble with MAMP, but I now use Herd locally with Dngin and my life has been so much better.