All forums have disappeared from my community

Hello, everyone.

I have a serious problem with my installation. I had several forums that I had to delete because finally they were not going to be used, and by deleting them, the rest of the community forums are no longer visible.

Moreover, they have not been deleted, but remain in the delete queue, but cannot be deleted nor does the delete task seem to work.

There were also some threads in those forums, which I also deleted, but now if I go into the moderation panel and try to delete them permanently, it doesn't allow me to do so either.

In short, neither the forums have been deleted, nor the topics, nor can I now see any forum in my community. They are not visible and I do not know the reason, because the permissions are well configured, and have been working until today.

screenshot-532.jpg

screenshot-533.jpg

I have been checking and I can see that the problem occurs with the fluid view of topics. When I select the fluid view, the forums and topics disappear.

I have deactivated all third party add-ons, in case the problem is being caused by a plugin, app or the theme, but it still happens.

Yes, indeed I have it configured with cron tasks, but for some reason they don't work, because every day I get a warning to configure the cron task. However, with other cron tasks on my server, there doesn't seem to be any problems. It only happens with IPS tasks.

1 minute ago, Verto said:

Yes, indeed I have it configured with cron tasks, but for some reason they don't work, because every day I get a warning to configure the cron task. However, with other cron tasks on my server, there doesn't seem to be any problems. It only happens with IPS tasks.

You would need to check why that is with your hosting provider or server administrator. There should be errors which they can provide.

This is a VPS for a small community that I manage myself. But I don't see anything strange on the server, nor do I have much idea about what I should look at (my knowledge in server administration is not high). If you can give me some guidance on how to solve the problem, I would appreciate it.

23 minutes ago, Verto said:

This is a VPS for a small community that I manage myself. But I don't see anything strange on the server, nor do I have much idea about what I should look at (my knowledge in server administration is not high). If you can give me some guidance on how to solve the problem, I would appreciate it.

I'm afraid, server administration support is outside our scope of support. If you are unsure how to perform this, you should hire a server administrator or switch to our Cloud where this will not be an issue for you.

Posted (edited)

I understand your point, but I'm afraid it's not a server problem but an IPS problem. I have created a cron job in EasyCron, every minute, and I have also manually run the content deletion tasks, but the tasks are still not running.

screenshot-537.jpg

screenshot-538.jpg

Edited by Verto

12 minutes ago, Verto said:

I understand your point, but I'm afraid it's not a server problem but an IPS problem. I have created a cron job in EasyCron, every minute, and I have also manually run the content deletion tasks, but the tasks are still not running.

screenshot-537.jpg

screenshot-538.jpg

If cron is setup correctly, you will have an error being reported in the cron log. We need that error here and then if it is our error we can resolve.

I just ran the task manually, but it does not give any errors, nor does it pick up any error logs:

screenshot-541.jpg

However, these tasks have been like this since yesterday:

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much for your help, it was really helpful.

Following your advice, I have disabled all third party add-ons and run the tasks again. This time they did run fine, and the pending tasks have definitely been completed.

However, after running the task, I re-activated the theme with the plugins and applications, and in the system log, I still get the following error:

OutOfRangeException::0

Backtrace

#0 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/applications/neappmediarecording/sources/MediaRecorder.php(413): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(NULL)
#1 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(4312): IPS\neappmediarecording\_MediaRecorder::checkUse()
#2 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_global_forms->editorRaw('comment_3', '', Array, Array, '4ab6b6aafc5936e...', '\n\t<div data-ips...', '[]', Array, 'IPS\\valastory\\S...', 3)
#3 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Helpers/Form/Editor.php(365): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('editorRaw', Array)
#4 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(204): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Editor->html(true)
#5 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_valastory_front_forms->commentTemplate('commentform_3', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Internal), Array, Array, Array, 40894464.0, 'ipsForm_vertica...', Array, Array, Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Array)
#6 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(519): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('commentTemplate', Array)
#7 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Content/Item.php(4910): IPS\Helpers\_Form->customTemplate(Array)
#8 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(186): IPS\Content\_Item->commentForm()
#9 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_valastory_front_view->comments(Object(IPS\valastory\Story\StoryDetail))
#10 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(474): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('comments', Array)
#11 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_valastory_front_view->repcntContainer()
#12 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(7586): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('repcntContainer', Array)
#13 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('26f43653ea29f9c...', '\n\n<div class="i...', Array)
#14 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(173): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#15 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#16 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/init.php(940) : eval()'d code(145): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#17 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(567): IPS\Dispatcher\sllredirects_hook_a443ceb551f6b8a3ce30fbf321907803->finish()
#18 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/init.php(940) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#19 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(155): IPS\Dispatcher\hook1727->finish()
#20 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#21 {main}

screenshot-544.jpg

Edited by Verto

Hace 12 minutos, Daniel F dijo:

Suena como un problema con neappmediarecording

Thanks for your help, I guess I should contact the developer of neappmediarecording, is that correct?

14 minutes ago, Verto said:

I re-activated the theme with the plugins and applications

Deactivate them all. Then activate one by one, checking your forum each time you activate one. This way you can figure out what app causes issues.

2 minutes ago, Verto said:

Thanks for your help, I guess I should contact the developer of neappmediarecording, is that correct?

When you definitely know what app causes the issue, yes. 

Hace 10 minutos, Sonya* dijo:

Desactívalos todos. Luego actívalos uno por uno, revisando tu foro cada vez que actives uno. De esta manera puedes averiguar qué aplicación causa problemas.

Cuando sabes definitivamente qué aplicación causa el problema, sí. 

Thank you for your help, it has been really valuable because it has helped me to get out of the jam I was in. I thank all of you who have helped me.

I will contact the developer of the application, to continue trying to solve the problem.

Thank you and best regards

10 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Deactivate them all. Then activate one by one, checking your forum each time you activate one. This way you can figure out what app causes issues.

When you definitely know what app causes the issue, yes. 

Thank you for your help, it has been really valuable because it has helped me to get out of the jam I was in. I thank all of you who have helped me.

I will contact the developer of the application, to continue trying to solve the problem.

Thank you and best regards

Sorry for the previous message. I use a translator to communicate better with you and I forgot to deactivate the automatic translation when quoting, but I can't edit now the previous message, to delete the quote translated to my language. I hope you will excuse me.

5 minutes ago, Verto said:

Sorry for the previous message.

I understand Spanish. I have learned it for some years. But now like a dog: understand almost everything, but cannot say anything. Due to the lack of practice. 😉 Beautiful language.

35 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

I understand Spanish. I have learned it for some years. But now like a dog: understand almost everything, but cannot say anything. Due to the lack of practice. 😉 Beautiful language.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I would be happy to speak with you in Spanish.

I am delighted to greet you.

2 hours ago, Verto said:

Thank you very much for your help, it was really helpful.

Following your advice, I have disabled all third party add-ons and run the tasks again. This time they did run fine, and the pending tasks have definitely been completed.

However, after running the task, I re-activated the theme with the plugins and applications, and in the system log, I still get the following error:

OutOfRangeException::0

Backtrace

#0 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/applications/neappmediarecording/sources/MediaRecorder.php(413): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(NULL)
#1 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(4312): IPS\neappmediarecording\_MediaRecorder::checkUse()
#2 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_global_forms->editorRaw('comment_3', '', Array, Array, '4ab6b6aafc5936e...', '\n\t<div data-ips...', '[]', Array, 'IPS\\valastory\\S...', 3)
#3 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Helpers/Form/Editor.php(365): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('editorRaw', Array)
#4 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(204): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Editor->html(true)
#5 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_valastory_front_forms->commentTemplate('commentform_3', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Internal), Array, Array, Array, 40894464.0, 'ipsForm_vertica...', Array, Array, Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Array)
#6 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Helpers/Form/Form.php(519): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('commentTemplate', Array)
#7 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Content/Item.php(4910): IPS\Helpers\_Form->customTemplate(Array)
#8 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(186): IPS\Content\_Item->commentForm()
#9 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_valastory_front_view->comments(Object(IPS\valastory\Story\StoryDetail))
#10 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(474): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('comments', Array)
#11 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_valastory_front_view->repcntContainer()
#12 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(7586): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('repcntContainer', Array)
#13 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate('26f43653ea29f9c...', '\n\n<div class="i...', Array)
#14 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(173): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#15 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#16 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/init.php(940) : eval()'d code(145): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#17 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(567): IPS\Dispatcher\sllredirects_hook_a443ceb551f6b8a3ce30fbf321907803->finish()
#18 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/init.php(940) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#19 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(155): IPS\Dispatcher\hook1727->finish()
#20 /home/talenta/talentaaurea.org/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#21 {main}

screenshot-544.jpg

This appears to be caused by another 3rd party application potentially using the 'Forums' editorlocation instead of its own one. Issue patched for @Verto until I determine a better way to protect against that.