Getting a "Your account does not require validation" member message

I have a single member getting the Your account does not require validation Error code: 2S129/4 message and member is going direct to forum not an email link and has been a member since 2014. I have also tried logging in as him and get the same message. Running 4.7.2.1 version and please don't tell me to upgrade to latest version as I am not interested in doing that as I have had no problems with any other member with this issue to date. I can provide member login info to IPS support staff in a PM if needed.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Genestoy said:

Running 4.7.2.1 version and please don't tell me to upgrade to latest version as I am not interested in doing that as I have had no problems with any other member with this issue to date.

I'm afraid, the solution is indeed to upgrade to the latest release as this has been resolved in the releases since yours. If it's still an issue on the latest release, we can then manually resolve it for you. However, ignoring the fix and being rather outdated is only going to continue the issue happening, among others.

To put this in perspective, if the resolution for a nail in the middle of your car's tire is to patch the tire, you can't ignore that resolution and expect to keep your tire with a hole in it. Simply putting more air in the tire will just eventually have it happen again 🙂 .

If you're encountering an issue with upgrading the core software, we can assist with that.

2 hours ago, Genestoy said:

So, I have paid for support all these years and now when I need some help I get nothing. Thanks, IPS

Sorry that you feel that way, but you have paid for an active license, not just support. Just like everyone else who has paid for a self-hosted license, you have received those benefits which come along with being an active license holder, including the latest software releases, spam defense system, GEO IP, and other benefits. Support is included with this, but you must meet minimum requirements for support which we post here.

As our standards of support policy states, we only support the latest release so if you choose to use an older release and refuse our support resolution of upgrading to the latest release which houses a fix to solve an issue, there is no further support to be had as you are choosing to go outside the bounds of our support standards.

Again, our support is still present if you're having issues upgrading the core software to the latest release.

It's worth noting here

Running 4.7.2.1 version and please don't tell me to upgrade to latest version as I am not interested in doing that as I have had no problems with any other member with this issue to date

You mention you have has no problems 'other than'. So this means you have an issue. In addition to this, you are running a version in which has known security issues, which have also been fixed. One back in June 2023 (version 4.7.11.1) and one recently. 

On 4/6/2024 at 3:42 PM, Genestoy said:

So, I have paid for support all these years and now when I need some help I get nothing. Thanks, IPS

You pay to keep your license active, which includes various things including support. Since the version you are running you have had:

• 491 days of spam service use on your site
  • Posted 7 items of support queries to client only sections
  • Had access to 17 releases of the platform (whether you chose to use them or not, is of course your own choice)
  • 2 Security releases.

You have asked for support in your issue, and we have indeed provided the support you need. I understand its not the answer you wanted, however the answer is indeed correct regardless.