Issue with upgrading

I tried to upgrade the software, but I got this error message on the first step:

Find a solution

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

UPDATE `cyclone_core_output_cache` SET `cache_expire`=0 WHERE `cache_expire` IS NULL;

ALTER TABLE `cyclone_core_output_cache` DROP INDEX `cache_expire`, CHANGE COLUMN `cache_expire` `cache_expire` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 COMMENT 'Unix timestamp of when the cache expires', ADD KEY `cache_expire` (`cache_expire`);

Running the queries automatically with the "Fix Automatically" button doesn't work. Running the queries directly in MySQL doesn't work. Furthermore, the table definition appears to already meet what they are trying to change, but it keeps displaying this same error over and over.

Please advise if you good.

The database server uses  MariaDB 10.6 and the database uses the utf8mb4 character set. Output from checking that is below:

MariaDB [siyclone_cyclone]> show variables like "character_set_database";
+------------------------+---------+
| Variable_name          | Value   |
| character_set_database | utf8mb4 |
1 row in set (0.002 sec)

10 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you go to your admin CP, and go to the support section, check there is nothing showing under the mysql section

I am not sure what you mean. The info I sent is directly from the server itself and is accurate. Is there something I should be changing?

1 minute ago, Adika said:

I am not sure what you mean. The info I sent is directly from the server itself and is accurate. Is there something I should be changing?

Keep in mind that while your server may be set to that, the database may not be. We are trying to determine what is going on here and see what our software is seeing. Going to ACP -> Support, this will tell you what it is currently seeing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having a  very similar problem where the update to 4.7.16 is halted because of a long list of database problems.

We have recently moved the database from a version 5 MySQL to a version 8. The database is managed by an external party. I've asked them about the char set and got a replay stating that utf8mb4 is the default

mysql> show variables like "character_set_database";

| Variable_name          | Value   |

| character_set_database | utf8mb4 |

However, according to the sysadmin, some of the tables do have other char sets. The sysadmin asks if the udate script should not automatically fix this. But since the update isn't running I'm assuming we have to do this by hand?

Could contain: Page, Text

The issue you are having there is because of that bottom item (not using UTF8MB4). Correct that, and it will correct your issue. 

1 hour ago, Tactus beheerder said:

We have recently moved the database from a version 5 MySQL to a version 8. The database is managed by an external party. I've asked them about the char set and got a replay stating that utf8mb4 is the default

It being default will not change what tables and columns are already using

1 hour ago, Tactus beheerder said:

However, according to the sysadmin, some of the tables do have other char sets. The sysadmin asks if the udate script should not automatically fix this. But since the update isn't running I'm assuming we have to do this by hand?

You would use the "Fix this" button provided in your screenshot above for the UTF8MB4 item. It then will give you the tools for this. 

The INNODB item does indeed need to be addressed on the tables manually by you or your host

Thanks for your reply!

I did try the 'Fix this' button, but only got a pop-up with a message telling me to convert the database if I wanted to allow users to use some non-common symbols. To be honest, allowing some non-common symbols didn't seem to be an issue important enough to block an entire update.

There is a link in the last words of that message (to https://forum.verslavingdebaas.nl/admin/?app=core&module=support&controller=utf8mb4&_new=1  in my case) but that link does not work. You mentioned tools, is this message the tool you reffered to, or am I missing something important because the link does not work?

Thanks for the clarification of the InnoDB issue, I'll ask my host to start addressing it.