My forum crashes every few minuets

Hello,
My forum crashes every few minutes,
When the site recovers, this is the system logs I see; is it the root cause or a symptom?

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\forums\Forum::hasMarkers() in /var/www/html/uploads/template_21_ad9ae6e9ced8695954ac11f917afdfac_global.php:822
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_forums_front_global->row()
#1 /var/www/html/uploads/template_21_5dcd644fedb7516dcd3c1dda884f4dcc_widgets.php(1499): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#2 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_forums_front_widgets->topicFeed()
#3 /var/www/html/system/Widget/Widget.php(234): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#4 /var/www/html/system/Content/Widget.php(532): IPS\_Widget->output()
#5 /var/www/html/system/Widget/Widget.php(833): IPS\Content\_Widget->render()
#6 /var/www/html/system/Widget/Widget.php(888): IPS\_Widget->_render()
#7 /var/www/html/uploads/template_21_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global.php(19561): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#8 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer()
#9 /var/www/html/uploads/template_21_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global.php(7594): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#10 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate()
#11 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(173): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#12 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#13 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(558): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#14 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(155): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#15 /var/www/html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#16 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 /var/www/html/uploads/template_21_5dcd644fedb7516dcd3c1dda884f4dcc_widgets.php(1499): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#2 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_forums_front_widgets->topicFeed()
#3 /var/www/html/system/Widget/Widget.php(234): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#7 /var/www/html/uploads/template_21_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global.php(19561): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#8 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer()
#9 /var/www/html/uploads/template_21_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global.php(7594): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#10 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate()
#11 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(173): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#12 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(113): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#13 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(558): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#14 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(155): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#16 {main}

Would recommend upgrading to the latest release and then also disabling template caching as it seems your server may be having issues. You can do this in ACP -> System -> Advanced Configuration.

12 minutes ago, LiveG said:

Thank you, Jim. What is the impact of disabling template caching?

It's active by default.

Templates would come from your database instead of being cached to the file system. In your case, your file system might not be able to handle the writing or there is an issue writing so you would need to check that if this resolves the issue.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

This issue is resolved. Third-Party App app prevented from maintenance task to run for a few days. when disable the app, and run the task manually, every thing back to normal.

Edited by LiveG

Posted (edited)

Well,

Its happening all over again. my forum is down.

lots of system error. apps is disabled. template caching. is disabled.

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\forums\Forum::hasMarkers() in /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code:821
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_global->row()
#1 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(1498): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#2 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_widgets->topicFeed()
#7 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(19560): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#8 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer()
#9 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(7603): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#10 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate()
#16 {main}

#1 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(1498): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#2 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_widgets->topicFeed()
#7 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(19560): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#8 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->widgetContainer()
#9 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(7603): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#10 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->globalTemplate()
#16 {main}

Edited by LiveG

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

There's no hasMarkers method in our code, sounds like a very old template.

Can you compare your forums/front/global/row template with the default one?

I will try. its difficult to do as the forum is down most of the time..

I know its update template of ipb focus theme

* i cant find this path forums/front/global/row

Edited by LiveG

9 minutes ago, LiveG said:

I will try. its difficult to do as the forum is down most of the time..

I know its update template of ipb focus theme

* i cant find this path forums/front/global/row

When you are able to log in to ACP, switch the original IPS theme to the default theme.

Posted (edited)
  • The default theme works. my forum works with the default theme .
  • I Have the latest update of the theme installed.
  • path front/forums/global/row is exactly the same as default
Edited by LiveG

6 minutes ago, LiveG said:

The default theme works. my forum works with the default theme .

If this is the case, you would need to work with your theme's author to see why this is.

2 minutes ago, LiveG said:
  • The default theme works. my forum works with the default theme .
  • I Have the latest update of the theme installed.
  • path front/forums/global/row is exactly the same as default

It just means that in a used theme so far, there are outdated codes, or there are codes that create a conflict. Search for an author of your theme to provide you with an update on it.

Posted (edited)

At the moment its happening with the default team,every app disabled. no server  resourced issues- community is offline. rested the server, doesn't help
🙄
System, logs

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(401): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load()
#1 /var/www/html/applications/core/sources/ProfileFields/Field.php(150): IPS\_Theme::i()
#2 /var/www/html/applications/core/sources/ProfileFields/Field.php(374): IPS\core\ProfileFields\_Field->displayValue()
#3 /var/www/html/system/Member/Member.php(2247): IPS\core\ProfileFields\_Field::values()
#4 /var/www/html/applications/core/extensions/core/MemberFilter/ProfileFields.php(309): IPS\_Member->profileFields()
#5 /var/www/html/system/Member/GroupPromotion.php(319): IPS\core\extensions\core\MemberFilter\_ProfileFields->matches()
#6 /var/www/html/system/Member/Member.php(4453): IPS\Member\_GroupPromotion->matches()
#7 /var/www/html/system/Member/Member.php(445): IPS\_Member->checkGroupPromotion()
#8 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(353): IPS\_Member->save()
#9 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(54): IPS\_Theme::i()
#10 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(759): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard::baseCss()
#11 /var/www/html/init.php(934) : eval()'d code(16): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front::baseCss()
#12 /var/www/html/init.php(934) : eval()'d code(28): IPS\Dispatcher\chatbox_hook_Dispatcher_Front::baseCss()
#13 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Front.php(76): IPS\Dispatcher\marktopic_hook_code_dispatcher_front::baseCss()
#14 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(110): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->init()
#15 /var/www/html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#16 {main}

backtrace

/var/www/html/init.php(1036): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 {main}

Edited by LiveG

On each location Im seeing that has occurred there are gooks that are loaded. You need to ensure everything is indeed disabled in the first instance. Even in the message above, I can see chatbox is loading there. Im not seeing any sisues on the site itself, but seeing it being logged

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

On each location Im seeing that has occurred there are gooks that are loaded. You need to ensure everything is indeed disabled in the first instance. Even in the message above, I can see chatbox is loading there. Im not seeing any sisues on the site itself, but seeing it being logged

needed to stop and run the server to make it work again in the default theme; it was not an issue with the default theme.
I turned off all the apps and switched to my elegant theme, and I instantly started getting system errors; if I kept this error going for a few minutes, my forum would crash. I quickly switched back to the default theme, and the error stopped. I fond a different  from default in the front/forums/global/row template, but i don't know if its related.

https://ibb.co/TKjJKQv

I am willing to pay developers to help escape this mess. Please pm me 

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\forums\Forum::hasMarkers() in /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code:821
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_global->row()
#7 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(19278): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#9 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(7433): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#16 {main}

Backtrace

#7 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(19278): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#9 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(7433): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()
#16 {main}

Edited by LiveG

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Have you tried searching your templates for hasMarkers

It's looking to appear only in front/forums/global/row. It's related to the Mark app- i think, which is no longer supported. But all the apps are disabled; why does the site keep crashing?

https://ibb.co/wN4DPDv

Edited by LiveG

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, DawPi said:

Restore that template bit. Should help (as it will remove hasMarkers part).

did it.switch to my theme , few minutes later my forum crash with no system error log at all. 😞

God knows what the reason is

Edited by LiveG