My forum crashes every few minuets

Author of your theme, what did he say? Did it create an update for you?

Try it - create a copy of your theme, enable a copy theme for the default theme. See if it crashes again.

Edited by Adlago

6 hours ago, LiveG said:

It's looking to appear only in front/forums/global/row. It's related to the Mark app- i think, which is no longer supported. But all the apps are disabled; why does the site keep crashing?

https://ibb.co/wN4DPDv

Even though apps are disabled, there are times they still load stuff. Try fully uninstalling it and then clearing the system cache. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Adlago said:

What is your content:
htaccess file,
and
constants php file?

yes

Also -

Which data storage are you using -
- MySQL database
- File system
- Redis
Whith PHP version?

File systemphp version 8.0

Do you have ACP access?

Only when the forum is up

Can anyone explain to me how to  Capturing errors messages from the server (Linux) into log file?

As i understood it could to  the root cause of the periodic crashes

Edited by LiveG

6 hours ago, LiveG said:

Can anyone explain to me how to  Capturing errors messages from the server (Linux) into log file?

There are enough descriptions of Apache 2 compatibility with Linux - read and review what is not compatible with your installation. I asked for the contents of two files to you show them, not to confirm their existence... It is possible that some rule in these files is creating an issue that is stressing you out.

Posted (edited)

After many investigations, my server resources (CPU and RAM) suddenly skyrocketed and crashed the server.
I want to record logs to a text file for investigation purposes,
Please help me better understand which log I should record for the root cause undersatnding.
Is it dmesg (displays kernel-related messages) ?

Edited by LiveG

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, WP V0RT3X said:

In the logs folder on your server should be a .gz for every domain.

These .gz record real-time logs?

Another update: the forum doesn't crash when it is in maintenance mode all day (dark for community) ; only when I open it to public it crash after couple of hours. I think this is related to the latest software version IPB has been released.

Edited by LiveG

You can generally tell when there is a big issue with the software because dozens of people are here with the same issue.  This topic was created a month and a half ago and there have not been any type of swells of "me too" type messages.   So it's likely not a basic code issue that is impacting the majority of users.  Now... there could be a problem with how your specific server configuration is setup with the latest version of the software, but that would require you to dig into your server logs to understand that.  

.GZ are like ZIP files.  They're compressed files that contain data. So no, they're not real time.  At the end of the day, you need to figure out where or even if your server logs PHP errors to and review those.  You theoretically could watch those files in real time if you knew where they were.  We can't tell you where those files are because there is no one specific spot for them.  It depends on how your specific server was setup.  Different OS put files in different places and if you use a control panel, it could be somewhere else even different from the OS default.  You may need to hire some sort of server administrator to dig into your server configuration for you if you are not familiar with getting the details of your specific setup.  

Also...  if your board works for a bit and then a few hours later stops working, it's possible your server can't handle the volume of traffic and either needs more resources or needs the server configuration to be optimized.  (For example, improving the mySQL my.cnf file, or optimizing the number of Apache processes for the amount of resources of the server.)  

Thank you @Randy Calvert

Log for php8.0-fpm in the last crash, i need to take care of it, HOPE IT WILL HELP

[29-Mar-2024 22:31:09] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 8 children, there are 0 idle, and 6 total children
[29-Mar-2024 22:31:26] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 16 children, there are 0 idle, and 7 total children
[29-Mar-2024 22:31:48] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 32 children, there are 0 idle, and 8 total children
[29-Mar-2024 22:32:04] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 32 children, there are 0 idle, and 9 total children
[29-Mar-2024 22:32:06] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 32 children, there are 0 idle, and 10 total children
[29-Mar-2024 22:32:10] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 32 children, there are 0 idle, and 11 total children
[29-Mar-2024 22:32:13] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 32 children, there are 0 idle, and 12 total children
[29-Mar-2024 22:32:23] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 32 children, there are 0 idle, and 13 total children
[29-Mar-2024 22:32:49] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 32 children, there are 0 idle, and 14 total children
[29-Mar-2024 22:54:45] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 8 children, there are 0 idle, and 6 total children

29-Mar-2024 22:31:09] WARNING: [pool www] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 8 children, there are 0 idle, and 6 total children

These are all saying your PHP-FPM does not have enough processes to handle your traffic.  You should look at optimizing your PHP-FPM configuration.   I would also suggest looking at the number of Apache processes you have.  It MAY be an attack, but if this has been going on for a month and a half, it's not very likely.  They don't typically target sites that long unless they're looking to get something from you.  

It sounds more like you need to optimize your system resources more or move to a bigger server and optimize it.  

By the way...  if you don't know where your FPM config is and you have root access.... you can run the following command typically:

ps aux | grep php-fpm| grep master

You should get something like: root 1 0.0 0.9 455112 37324 ? Ss 12:01 0:00 php-fpm: master process (/usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf)

In that case, the config file that FPM is loading from would be /usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf.  You could edit the file in a text editor such as pico, nano, or vim.  The file could also be just /etc/php-fpm.conf, or be in a bunch of other places.  That's why it's important to know your specific server setup/config.