Pages 4.7.15 bug

Following the upgrade to Invision Community Version 4.7.15, the entire forum is presenting blank pages. However, upon disabling the Pages 4.7.15 application, the forums load as fine. Assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Upon reviewing my error logs, I have identified a recurring PHP fatal error related to the resyncLastComment() method in the _Records class within the cms module.

[Sun Feb 11 14:06:23.231616 2024] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 21200:tid 140579639748352] [client 194.233.96.118:0] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Declaration of IPS\\cms\\_Records::resyncLastComment() must be compatible with IPS\\Content\\_Item::resyncLastComment(?IPS\\Content\\Comment $comment = null) in public_html/applications/cms/sources/Records.php on line 2030'
[Sun Feb 11 14:06:23.480473 2024] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 21200:tid 140579522250496] [client 82.37.100.57:0] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Declaration of IPS\\cms\\_Records::resyncLastComment() must be compatible with IPS\\Content\\_Item::resyncLastComment(?IPS\\Content\\Comment $comment = null) in public_html/applications/cms/sources/Records.php on line 2030'

I have attempted to resolve the issue by adjusting the resyncLastComment() method in the _Records class to match the parent class's method signature, as per the error message. However, the error persists despite these adjustments.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue?

Thank you 

Would ensure that your Pages templates are up to date and referencing correct functions. Disable third party applications/plugins. Also, ensure that all files on your server are up to date to the latest by uploading a fresh set of files from the Client Area. (Delete any files which are no longer referenced in the package you're provided from the Client Area)

Then finally, ensure that there is no server caching files like through OPCache.

Thank you dear Jim M for your perfect support. I have another issue and I need your help. Now, my home page is showing blank. It was fine before updating my forum. However, here is my page content:

<div class='ipsLayout ipsLayout_withright ipsLayout_largeright'>
    <div class='ipsLayout_right'>
        {block="portal_articles_link"} 
        {block="portal_mini_calendar"}
        {block="portal_recent_articles"}<br />
        {block="portal_status_updates"}
        {block="portal_recent_files"}<br />
        {block="portal_recent_entries"}
    </div>
    <div class='ipsLayout_content'>
        {block="latest_gallery_images"}<br />
        {block="portal_recent_topics"}
    </div>
</div>

You would need to look at your code to ensure its compatible with the latest release. We would not be able to assist with custom written pages. It may be worth removing blocks one at a time to see if its one specific one causing you issues though.

I have attempted to build a page using a page builder, but I'm encountering an issue. Despite my efforts, the custom blocks on the homepage are not appearing on the frontend. Instead, there is just empty space. Could you please assist in resolving this?

Could contain: File, Page, Text

After cloning my app to the new server, I encountered an error when attempting to make any posts.
However The PHP version on the new server matches the one on the old server, but the database version is newer. The old database on the previous server was MariaDB 10.4.20, while the new server is running MariaDB 10.5.24.

The error message I received is as follows:
INSERT INTO `ibf_forums_topics` (`start_date`, `last_post`, `starter_id`, `starter_name`, `last_real_post`, `last_poster_id`, `last_poster_name`, `forum_id`, `approved`, `state`, `views`, `pinned`, `featured`, `is_future_entry`, `posts`, `topic_queuedposts`, `topic_hiddenposts`, `publish_date`, `title`, `title_seo`, `poll_state`) VALUES (1708566230, 1708566230, 196041, 'mido', 1708566230, 196041, 'mido', 55, 1, 'open', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1708566230, 'test.', 'test', NULL)
IPS\Db\Exception: Field 'cache_sm' doesn't have a default value (1364)
/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(1560): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(598): IPS\Content\_Item->processForm()
/system/Content/Item.php(420): IPS\forums\_Topic->processForm()
/system/Content/Item.php(150): IPS\Content\_Item::createFromForm()
/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(645): IPS\Content\_Item::create()
/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->add()
/init.php(934) : eval()'d code(31): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\ignoretopics_hook_forumController->execute()
/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? 
Thank you for your help.

The column cache_sm is not a default one in the forums_topics table. It must have been added by a modification at some point. Either the modification is now disabled or uninstalled, but the column is still there, and since it doesn't accept a NULL value, the database throws that error.

The column name itself doesn't tell what kind of modification it could be. The only way is to investigate the database/modifications on your site and pinpoint where it's coming from. And, in case the modification is already uninstalled, the column needs to be removed manually. 🤔

This is not something IPS can assist with since it's caused by a 3rd party modification. Unless you know how to do it yourself, you'll need help from a 3rd party developer/provider. If you send me a PM with more details, I can take a look.

Edited by teraßyte

Indeed, from our point of view, it would be remove that column as its causing issues with your invision platform. However, it may be on something that is installed, or contain data you are using from a 3rd party item. So you should check this first. As always, you should always make a backup of your database