Members having multiple subscriptions possible?

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

Hey guys, 

So I have stumbled on what looks to be a limitation of the current commerce implementation. I currently offer multiple different subscription packages. These packages are separated into two groups. 

We have our Premium subscriptions which give you additional perks on the site & we have our Recurring Donation subscription for those who would like to also donate monthly. 

Originally the Recurring Donations used to be setup as "Products" in the store section. However as IPS is deprecating that, I have had to move the Recurring Donations into the Subscriptions. 

The issue is, our members want to be able to note only have an active subscription for Premium perks, but also want to subscribe to Recurring Donations, however what I am finding is once a user is subscribed to a Premium Package, they can subscribe to nothing more as they get the below message. 

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, City, Outdoors, Text

Is there a chance that in future commerce implementation we can have the option to allow users to subscribe to multiple items ? 

Does anyone know of a custom plugin that would give this enhancement ?

Thanks,
P

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

PHYSICAL products are being deprecated.

Correct, but I was using the Physical Product section for the Recurring Donations, as that way I was able to have users have the choice of have a Premium Subscription (From the subscription page) and sign up for the Recurring Donations (Hosted via products).

Now that the Store is being deprecated...this is why I have my issue.

4 minutes ago, opentype said:

There is no physical products section. It’s just “products”, with an option to be physical or not. Long story short: those product subscriptions are not going away at this time. 

So, to be clear, the "Store" in IPS is staying ? I note they have the notice regarding "Physical Items" being deprecated, but I guess I took that as the Store overall at some point is going bye bye as it was a notice displayed in the "Products Groups" listing page 

Could contain: Text, Page, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware

I sell subscriptions as virtual products, annual membership and life membership and allow multiple purchases of annual membership which stack up, as one expires the next one kicks in and if members purchase annual membership to the value of a lifetime in a 12 month period then they are promoted to lifetime

They keep renewing because we include merchandise such as sticker packs and t shirts with each subscription.

Apart from merch we don't sell anything via commerce so once I work out what effect switching to the subscription function will have on existing subscribers if they want to subscribe again I'll make the switch and turn commerce off