captcha now on cloud hosting?

ekforum

Does it show to all users, if so is there a way to disable that? Kind of annoying to have to go to that step to visit a website. Also means google bots etc can't crawl my website anymore and will affecting page rankings?

It looks absolutely terrible and degrades the credibility of my website (which is a professional ran and successful business) completely. Users also speaking about it now. 

Please can invision see this and let us know? Is it just temporary?

Edited by ekforum

Sorry, guys, but this captcha on hosted services is becoming a user loser. 

I am the admin and had to complete the verification about 6 times, before I see the page. This is not good at all.

Now I am unable to get passed the Captcha process, so what would happen to our users? I have managed to login as admin, but when I go to a post, I am in a loop with the verification process. This is atrocious.

Edited by HansKiesouw

Just now, HansKiesouw said:

Sorry, guys, but this captcha on hosted services is becoming a user loser. 

I am the admin and had to complete the verification about 6 times, before I see the page. This is not good at all

Ya, it does not appear to have a memory or anything of who is using it as I need to enter it multiple times in the same session now.

2 minutes ago, UncrownedGuard said:

Ya, it does not appear to have a memory or anything of who is using it as I need to enter it multiple times in the same session now.

Yea also getting that 💩 experience. 

Just absolutely terrible. 

On a side note, if it is a DDOS attack or something, they are doing a good job of keeping the sites up compared to the last few DDOS issues, but we really need communication or a notice system as just guessing is not a great experience for anyone.

I'm okay with a system like this if it helps (granted, it really needs a redesign), but we need info as customers to when things are being turned on and turned off.

Can someone please give us an explanation as to why we have this verification in place? I am now unable to do any admin function as every click results in a verification process, that is sometimes only once, other times it results in a loop and I never get to the content I need.

This is really bad communication from IPS and hopefully there is a really good explanation and sollution.

Just now, HansKiesouw said:

Can someone please give us an explanation as to why we have this verification in place? I am now unable to do any admin function as every click results in a verification process, that is sometimes only once, other times it results in a loop and I never get to the content I need.

This is really bad communication from IPS and hopefully there is a really good explanation and sollution.

I just got an update from my monitors that my sites are reporting degraded service and long response times in numerous areas.  I'd guess IPS is having server instability at this time and likely a DDOS given the catcha prompts.

But of course, this is just with information I can pull from my own sites and no official notice from IPS.  This is probably an automated system they have on play, but a automated notice for us would be an amazing feature.

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please have a read of the following, which shows what this is and why it is important 

We have however reported internally that people are being shown repeatedly 

Thank you for linking to that. Hopefully it can be Improved (the design of the captcha as looks dodgy from users perspective) 

Will see if it keeps happening for users. I ran into it myself multiple times so far today but have never seen it before, despite using a VPN all the time (and topic above was from August 2023) 

44 minutes ago, ekforum said:

Thank you for linking to that. Hopefully it can be Improved (the design of the captcha as looks dodgy from users perspective) 

Will see if it keeps happening for users. I ran into it myself multiple times so far today but have never seen it before, despite using a VPN all the time (and topic above was from August 2023) 

@Marc Stridgen yes, the change seems to fix some problems.  But even as the admin I had to sit and wonder if I had some sort of malware when it popped up.  A solution that can pull the page wrapper or at least some branding/formatting would be a huge step to improve this.

14 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please check this again now. We have made some changed. Any issues, please let us know

Well I'm not seeing it anymore, so that seems better.  But if you are talking about the look of it, then I don't know how to force it to pop up.

7 minutes ago, UncrownedGuard said:

Well I'm not seeing it anymore, so that seems better.  But if you are talking about the look of it, then I don't know how to force it to pop up.

No, its not the look of it. Its more the fact its present.  You really shouldnt see it very often at all. Most of your users probably wouldnt ever see it

54 minutes ago, UncrownedGuard said:

If we could just take that little catcha box and place it in the site offline wrapper, it would likely be an acceptable integration for most sites.  Give us the site name and a style of box that matches IPS's layout and it would improve multitudes times better.

Could contain: Page, Text

In terms of this, it is something that shouldnt really be coming up. It was added as a 'just in case', but really your users shouldnt be seeing it unless they are doing something very odd. So it would be a case of us having a look at the rules to prevent the issue, rather than prettifying the problem, so to speak

I'm confused, based upon the above posts. Is this something AWS has implemented or Invision?

I'm getting complaints from my board users. Australian posters in particular are being hammered with this on every posting attempt even after they successfully pass verification.

1 hour ago, Heavy Harmonies said:

I'm confused, based upon the above posts. Is this something AWS has implemented or Invision?

I'm getting complaints from my board users. Australian posters in particular are being hammered with this on every posting attempt even after they successfully pass verification.

Could you clarify, are they still getting it now?

This is something we implemented, in answer to your question. But it should be very very rare anyone sees it. Most people wouldnt ever see it

11 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Could you clarify, are they still getting it now?

This is something we implemented, in answer to your question. But it should be very very rare anyone sees it. Most people wouldnt ever see it

I asked my users and was awaiting more replies before responding here, as my userbase is more international than many boards so we're in the middle of the night in some places. I've received replies from 2 of the users originally impacted and they say they are no longer encountering the issue. That's a small sample size though.

Thanks.