Updating member_group_id

Go to solution Solved by Adriano Faria,

8 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I want to move a couple thousand users to a new member group.

If that provided SQL query definitely is meeting your needs then you could have just done the following on the members listing in the ACP...

Could contain: Page, Text

On the resulting dialog, change "Group" from '-Any Group-' to the name of the group that people are in - then click the 'Search' button.

Then click the link...

Thus saving you many hours...

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

but it would save me many hours of editing individual records in the ACP.

Just now, Nathan Explosion said:

If that provided SQL query definitely is meeting your needs then you could have just done the following on the members listing in the ACP...

On the resulting dialog, change "Group" from '-Any Group-' to the name of the group that people are in - then click the 'Search' button.

Then click the link...

Thus saving you many hours...

Thanks, there are about 12k members in the database, I want to update select members from group x to group y, not all members of group x.

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I want to update select members from group x to group y, not all members of group x.

What are the criteria that you are using at the query level to select those members?

Note: I'm more interested in here in showing someone that the query above isn't needed, just in case someone arrives at this topic at a later point.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

10 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

What are the criteria that you are using at the query level to select those members?

Note: I'm more interested in here in showing someone that the query above isn't needed, just in case someone arrives at this topic at a later point.

I'll be using email.