Urgent help required: 'reply box' gone after forum upgrade

23 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We can use either. Its for you to tell us on those settings which you wish for us to use

Thanks Marc. When I update the password its 12 digits long, but after saving and re checking it shows 8 'dots' ie inferring the password is 8 digits long. Is this standard or for security or..?

If thats just the way it shows up and we are all good then fine, you should be all good to get in now...🙏 

20 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Before we continue, please apply the patch showing in your admin CP, and also disable cloudflare. Once done, please let us know if this is still happening

Patch done 👌

Can I consider turning on “Development Mode” to bypass caching while preserving protection in cloudflare Marc or shall I just pause it in its entirety?

1 hour ago, Fubra said:

Can I consider turning on “Development Mode” to bypass caching while preserving protection in cloudflare Marc or shall I just pause it in its entirety?

Would recommend pausing entirely as CloudFlare will still enable many other features while in development mode.

24 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Would recommend pausing entirely as CloudFlare will still enable many other features while in development mode.

Roger that - so thats done.

Patch done and CF paused. Ill report back when I know more...👍

Furthering that its already doing the same issue by reloading the page instead of opening the profile when clicking on the hamburger. If you online and can take a look (before I cache again I guess?) that would be ace...

Hi Jim, as per above could this be when I update the password with 12 characters it only shows 8 dots ie inferring the password is wrong or is this just how it shows in invision?

On 2/19/2024 at 8:12 PM, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, FTP access is still not valid. Credentials are incorrect.

Before giving you the green light I did ask hosting to check they could get in, and they could...

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

That is intentional

I see thanks, ill go back to hosting and see where the problem lays with the FTP and come back to you when I have this resolved. Thanks Marc

All the details are correct they have suggested I will need to whitelist your IP?

Or infact to skip that, using FTP enforcer ive disabled it temporarily. Could I ask you one more time to try again...so so sorry about this 😞

..and great timing too - same error occurring! And I cache the system about 10 mins ago too which is worrying

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The issue you are have here is coming from your custom theme unfortunately. You can see errors being thrown constantly in your system logs

OK, went to non customised theme. Issues seem to have gone, can I re instate Cloudflare?

1 hour ago, Fubra said:

can I re instate Cloudflare?

Please keep CloudFlare disabled till after the issue is resolved as otherwise, it may create more issues and elongate the duration of the issue being present.

I have disabled template cache for you in ACP -> System -> Advanced Configuration. I am unable to reproduce any errors now while using an unmodified theme. Your template cache directory had files from 2020 in it so likely has read/write issues. You would need to work with your hosting provider to ensure that it is able to write/read correctly.