Latest Upgrade Error - Site Unaccessible

So, here is what happened. At the server requirement check, I received the message at the bottom of the page that my php version 8.0 is supported but recommend php8.1 is preferred, paraphrasing of course.

So I went into my server and changed to php8.1 and the started the upgrade and it was stuck on the page as shown in screenshot above. I could not even access my admin.

So I changed back to php8.0 and I was able to access admin and start the upgrade over again and it completed, so changing to php8.1 seemed to be the issue.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

You probably have some 3rd-party app/plugin outdated, that’s why it doesn’t work on 8.1.

I would disable all 3rd-party resources and enable PHP 8.1 just to make a test. 

Adriano, a couple applications needed updating, so I did, and updated php to 8.1 and site became inaccessible. I renabled 8.0 and went back into admin and disabled all plugins and customization's and enabled 8.1 and site became inaccessible again.  I am not sure what to do at this point, for now 8.0 works fine, but eventually I am going to have to dig in and figure this out, thanks for the tip Adriano. 🙂

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Edited by JohnCourt

7 hours ago, teraßyte said:

Have you used the requirements checker after switching to PHP 8.1? It's possible that some required modules are not enabled.

terabyte, I sure have not, but I will now, thanks for the lead.

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Im not seeing your site in mid upgrade there. Did you manage to resolve this one, John?

Kind of sort of Marc, I switched back to php8.0 and everything worked fine, thus why you're not seeing my issue. But after reading terabyte's suggestion above, I'll give that a whirl and see if that'll fix my problem for going to php8.1.

9 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You should be using 8 rather than 8.1

Thanks for that Marc, I can rest easy then, nothing for me to do just now 🙂

It is a tad confusing, because in the admin for issues to fix, it is recommended to switch to 8.1.