Cannot edit any forums, getting page not found

Go to solution Solved by Mediamage,

I do not know how to do this. What is mod security? We don't have 3rd party applications and plugins that I'm aware of. 

I used to be able to get customer support and they would fix things. How do I get this again? I've been a paid member of this forum since 2003 and don't use customer support very much over the past two decades as a paid member and I don't appreciate being left to fend on my own when I am used to tech support over the years. The reason I pay for service is for the support. Who can fix this for me? I can't edit any forums.

Edited by Mediamage

11 minutes ago, Mediamage said:

I do not know how to do this. What is mod security?

mod_security is a server security module. You would need to contact your hosting provider if you are unsure how to manage it.

11 minutes ago, Mediamage said:

I used to be able to get customer support and they would fix things. How do I get this again?  I've been a paid member of this forum since 2003 and don't appreciate being left to fend on my own. The reason I pay for service is for the support.

This is indeed how you obtain support. Marc and myself are IPS support technicians (hi! 👋 ) . We are indeed attempting to assist you but please be aware that certain things are outside our scope of support, like hosting/server management here.

17 hours ago, Mediamage said:

I cannot seem to edit the descriptions on any of my forums. Whenever I click save for the changes it goes to a page not found and doesn't save.

How do I get help with this now?

Is this on a newly installed forum or an existing one? If the latter, do you remember the latest change done to the forum prior to this? 

If you go to the Systems Log page at your admin panel, or the Server Error page at your cPanel, are there any recent messages logged pertaining to this?

• 2 weeks later...