Hiding images from guests

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

Hi 

Dos anyone know if it is possible within the software or a plugin that will hide all images uploaded by members from guests? Also was hoping whether a dummy image stating website visitors need to register to see images.

Some images that can be taken from the net can be uploaded by members not knowing that some are copyrighted and it seems there are a few unscrupulous companies out there that look for particular copyrighted images then send small businesses or innocent website owners an invoice for usage, and are very persistant and some nasty. Can range from £50 to £10,000.

At least then google wont spider images so these companies cannot track them back. We recently got hit on one small image that has caused lot's of problems even though it was removed instantly. I am also seeing reports of spammers using images and the website owner is totally unaware, but still invoice for 1000's.

So, looking for a way to protect ourselves.

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

This is not something that is possible within the core platform at present

Hi Marc.. thought not.. did try looking.

This would be a good feature, not only to drive more registrations but to protect website owners. I have seen a guy get a 10K invoice before. Knowing that anyone can upload images that could be copyrighted (i.e pictures from the news websites) it's going to get worse going forward with these companies. 

I recently got an invoice which i am not even going to pay (tougher skinned) but the letters though our door are intimidating to the vulnerable. Please look in to it and consider it.

1 hour ago, loccom said:

This would be a good feature, not only to drive more registrations but to protect website owners... I recently got an invoice which i am not even going to pay (tougher skinned) but the letters though our door are intimidating to the vulnerable.

You should have a clearly worded DCMA Takedown Policy. You are a service provider and you can be protected from the actions of your community members.