Redis is enabled or disabled?

Hello,

When I disable Redis and download constants.php the file contain.

\define( 'REDIS_ENABLED', true );
\define( 'STORE_METHOD', 'FileSystem' );

When I enable Redis the file contain.

\define( 'REDIS_ENABLED', false );
\define( 'STORE_METHOD', 'Redis' );

Why is 'REDIS_ENABLED" set to false?

I think my cache is not working properly, my site was fast (250ms response time) but after I edited a widget the site started to be slower. (500ms, no load on the server) I cleared the cache but no improvement.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It should indeed be true when its enabled. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

This is not a bug, the constant 'REDIS_ENABLED' is for the setting "Use Redis to reduce MySQL overhead" I don't enable this setting so it's set to false.

I still don't understand why my site is much slower that usual.

Could contain: Text, Face, Head, Person

Hi,

I See you found the "confusion" with the constant.

The REDIS_ENABLED constant controls the "Use Redis to reduce MySQL overhead" setting and not if Redis is enabled or disabled globally.

Could contain: Page, Text, File 

Where is Redis running? Is it running on the same server as your web and mysql Server? What are the specs?
Is Redis configured properly?

On 10/16/2023 at 7:55 PM, Daniel F said:

Hi,

I See you found the "confusion" with the constant.

The REDIS_ENABLED constant controls the "Use Redis to reduce MySQL overhead" setting and not if Redis is enabled or disabled globally.

Could contain: Page, Text, File 

Where is Redis running? Is it running on the same server as your web and mysql Server? What are the specs?
Is Redis configured properly?

Running on the same server port 6379.

I think my Redis is working properly but the REDIS_ENABLED constant should be removed from constants.php when we are using file system for cache.