Renewal old invoice with price and currency differences

Hi team, I've the user id=11 with particular problem. He was a subcriber to January 2022, then I charged in €, exactly 87€ for monthly plan (71.90€ + 21% taxes). Since june 2022 I am charging in $ without taxes ($87). This user has been able to renew today an old subcription (1 year and 9 months later) for 71,90€ in invoice #735.

How it is posible? Haven't expiration old invoices? If IPS charge in € why not charge taxes too? Can I have other users in the same situation? How can search in and cancel or delete all this invoices?

Thanks a lot.

Invoice 116 expired due to the amount of days have elapsed that you allow in the settings so that individual invoice cannot be paid unless you reissue.

Invoice 735 was issued today because you allow users to renew their subscription. As you did not opt to cancel existing subscriptions when updating the price, they renewed the subscription at the price they were grandfathered into.

I'm afraid, there isn't a perfect solution at this point due to the juncture which you are at.

You would need to review each purchase of an expired subscription and cancel it so that the user won't be able to renew.

The alternative, you can delete the existing subscription and then create a new subscription. However, that has it's own challenges as you have active subscribers which you would need to manually bring over.

2 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Other question, how I should to cancel the 735 invoice renewal and then force user to buy a new subscription?

You would simply go to the invoice and click the cancel button. It will allow you to refund the user to their payment method or account credit. You will want to ensure that the Subscription Purchase is cancelled as well so they do not renew.

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would simply go to the invoice and click the cancel button. It will allow you to refund the user to their payment method or account credit. You will want to ensure that the Subscription Purchase is cancelled as well so they do not renew.

I will leave this month with this payment, I meant to cancel your renewal. That is to say, that next 11/10/2023 this subscription cannot be renewed and a new one must be purchased. Or manually switch from the old one to the new one.

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

That would be up to you. 

Remove renewals would keep the purchase active for the remainder of the term.

Cancelling would kill it instantly.

Thanks, I need to remover renewals. Last question, when I make this cancel IPS send any mail or notification?

3 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

You could try changing the price slightly again and updating all existing purchases.

This is better option. I made it but I can't view renewal price in #735 until IPS create the renewal invoice. I'll still waiting. Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...