Pages App Issue

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

Hi

I have created a new database and created custom templates. Everything is okay apart from one thing. The category listing. Where the hell can I set the correct template? I created the default category listing and assigned that to my database, yet still the default categoryRow template is used.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

John

All templates would be set in your Database's settings or Category settings if you have allowed for them to be different from the original. If there is an example where you have set this correctly but are not seeing it, please let us know the Database and, if applicable, Category.

It is just in development with only one record in a subcategory.

Database is Showcase

Categories are Songs, with sub category Alternative. The one song is in Alternative.

I created new database template set for each of the database template types with the exception of the edit form.

The template groups are showcasefeat, showcasecatslist, showcaselist and showcaserec.

From within the database settings I set the home page to be featured records only. Songs cannot be added to the category songs, they have to be added to the subcategory (Alternative in this case).

The Articles template group is showcasefeat.

I set the Listing template group to showcaselist.

The Record display group is showcaserec.

On creation I set showcasecatslist to be used by the showcase database. Within database settings I couldn’t see a place to set this template group. I couldn’t see a place to set it within the category override settings.

The database home uses showcasefeat templates. This works ok.

The category list that is home to the one record (database home/songs/alternative) use showcaselist. This works ok.

The song itself uses showcaserec. This works ok.

The problem is with database/songs. It has no records and one subcategory. I want it to use the showcasecatslist. With no place to set this explicitly, I had hoped assigning showcasecatslist to the showcase database would do it. Instead, the default template group CategoryIndex folder version of categoryRow and index templates are used.

The database category settings allow me to set the list view but doesn’t give me the choice of showcasecatlist, only showcaselist, under the listing dropdown (the same options are available on the listing option on the database options page.).

Am I missing where I can override this behavior and force the database to use Showcasecatslist categoryRow and index templates?

Cheers

John

Edited by Songstuff

• Solution

Check for template calls in places like Listing template → categoryHeader. 
It will indeed call a stock template for categoryRow there by default. But you can change that to call your custom template groups. 

There might be more places like that. In general, you want to make sure that all {template… calls point to your custom templates. 

Edited by opentype

4 hours ago, opentype said:

Check for template calls in places like Listing template → categoryHeader. 
It will indeed call a stock template for categoryRow there by default. But you can change that call use your custom template groups. 

There might be more places like that. In general, you want to make sure that all {template… calls point to your custom templates. 

Fantastic. Sorted. 🙂