Copying Topic Reply to Pages Database

Clover13

50 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Sweet!  I should have known you'd have something! 👍

@Adriano Faria 

Can it promote any post (ie reply)?

Is it limited to only using the stock Articles DB or can we select a custom DB?  I'm assuming it's coupled to Articles and probably requires custom converters for any custom Pages databases?

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can choose the databases and any post of the topic. 

Still confused about this part and the screenshots.  Does the database need to be an Articles database or can it be any custom database with any custom structure?  Again I'm assuming it must be structured like Articles (as in the stock IPS Article Pages database) and can't be any random custom Pages database I create.

To be clear, does this allow for creating any custom Pages database entry from a Topic post (original post or replies) OR does it only allow for creating one from the IPS included Articles database (and provides a dropdown to select what your particular database name may be for that Articles database and structure)?

Edited by Clover13

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Any database:

1088479807_Screenshot4.PNG.72d2a156df989

Visit the link I posted and take a look at the screenshots. 👍

The screenshots specifically say "Articles".  What is an "Article" in this context?  Are you calling an "Article" any random custom IPS database with any custom structure a user creates for their site OR are you calling an "Article" the specific IPS Article database and structure that is provided by the software that may simply be named something different?

OK I see how it works now. 

It's a great add-on to be able to do the bulk of the work of promotions of a Post to a Database.

Seeing a few things

1. Can this be configured in some way to pick a database for a specific post?  I may want to promote one post to Database ABC and another post to Database DEF.  Is that possible or is it strictly a global single database?

2. Seeing an issue where a post gets promoted and the attached images do not appear after the initial save to create.  The appear in the template being filled but not in the initial saved record.  I had create/submit it to create the database record, then reopen the record via the UI, edit it (which shows everything still there), and re-save it.

Steps:

• Click Promote to Article on a Topic post that contains attached images
  • Complete Pages Database record form and save it
  • Review result page of newly created record which shows no images in the record view
  • Edit the record, which will show the images are still there
  • Save the record again (no need to make any changes) and see the images now appear in the record view.

3. Validation errors with the record form will not maintain the values entered.  The title defaults to the title of the original Topic, but will often be changed.  Have to go and recreate it again and fill out other fields if there is a validation error.

4. Record Image Required plugin you have doesn't honor the Post conversions.  It won't require the image when you are converting/creating the record, but it will show required when editing it after it's been created.

Just now, Clover13 said:

OK I see how it works now. 

It's a great add-on to be able to do the bulk of the work of promotions of a Post to a Database.

Seeing a few things

1. Can this be configured in some way to pick a database for a specific post?  I may want to promote one post to Database ABC and another post to Database DEF.  Is that possible or is it strictly a global single database?

2. Seeing an issue where a post gets promoted and the attached images do not appear after the initial save to create.  The appear in the template being filled but not in the initial saved record.  I had create/submit it to create the database record, then reopen the record via the UI, edit it (which shows everything still there), and re-save it.

Steps:

• Click Promote to Article on a Topic post that contains attached images
  • Complete Pages Database record form and save it
  • Review result page of newly created record which shows no images in the record view
  • Edit the record, which will show the images are still there
  • Save the record again (no need to make any changes) and see the images now appear in the record view.

3. Validation errors with the record form will not maintain the values entered.  The title defaults to the title of the original Topic, but will often be changed.  Have to go and recreate it again and fill out other fields if there is a validation error.

4. Record Image Required plugin you have doesn't honor the Post conversions.  It won't require the image when you are converting/creating the record, but it will show required when editing it after it's been created.

Support is provided in my board only. 👍