High compliance risk Non-essential cookies are being set before user consent

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Howdy folks, just for the heck of it I went ahead and scanned my community for trackers just to see what others may be seeing.

I know about the PIWIK tracker, I use Matomo Analytics formerly called PIWIK so I understand that.

I used this website for scanning: https://termly.io/

In my screen shots Bulgaria is seen, is that where "termly" is located. And the High Rick trackers is worrisome, the Unclassified ones are strange, specially the History.store, what the heck is that?

Thanks for any help in deciphering these.

Could contain: Page, Text, Document, Invoice

Could contain: Page, Text

13 hours ago, Jim M said:

You can find a list of our essential cookies below which cannot be rejected. The same list is on /cookies of your community as well.

Thank you Jim.

13 hours ago, Jim M said:

History.store is not from our software (or at least our core software, it could be something third party you installed).

Jim, I don't remember installing anything like this, since we don't participate in any adsoftware such as adsense or anything that I would have installed, that being said, would you happen to know where I could start looking to find it? Thanks

On 9/1/2023 at 3:50 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Do you use woocommerce at all, John? That looks to be one from that application

No, never have Marc, thanks for checking though! We don't do anything commercial in our community, we only have two static images that represent two sponsors who pay a yearly fee to have those images in our community. And there is nothing in the background of those images in the form of trackers or cookies. Just a link back to their websites is all. Those two sponsors is our only way of generating income.

I tried AdSense awhile back, but I hated how it looked, and took it off quickly, and I deleted the tracker that I installed.

History.store, hmmmm, interesting. Can hackers put things like that on a community?

On 9/2/2023 at 2:17 PM, JohnCourt said:

History.store, hmmmm, interesting. Can hackers put things like that on a community?

Of course, a would-be hacker could potentially add anything if they had hacked your system. If your site is up to date and your server secure, I wouldn't be too worried about something like that though. This is much more likely to be a 3rd party addition of some kind. The reason I mentioned woocommerce was simply because I'm aware they have a cookie of that name. That's not to say others don't.