How to embedded a video into a post?

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

The video file would need to be uploaded as an attachment to the post itself or you would need to use a supported embed site, such as YouTube or Vimeo.

How about a video link like http://....../.../filename.mp4 ?

1 minute ago, sychn said:

Thanks. While video embeddable was a feature in V3.x I remember. 😉

V3 did not support video embeds actually. You could create a custom toolbar to embed the video in each though but natively there is no option to embed an MP4 URL.

26 minutes ago, sychn said:

I remember I could set a bbcode to embedded videos from outside link, more like this style: [video]link[/video]

That would have been custom BBCode, same concept as setting up a custom toolbar in version 4.

@sychn as per PM, here's a different way of doing what you are trying to achieve using this:

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

same concept as setting up a custom toolbar in version 4.

1. ACP -> Customization -> (Editor) Toolbars
  2. Click 'Add Button', and go to the 'Custom' tab
  3. Populate the fields as you wish, but adhere to the following specifics:
    • Enable 'Use option?'
    • Enter some text in the 'Option label' field (example: 'Link')
    • In the HTML field, enter the exact code from the codebox provided in this post
  4. Click 'Save'
  5. You will now have a new button in your "Buttons not on editor", which you can drag and drop around the available editors
  6. On the front-end, click the button, paste the link into the provided dialog box field, and click OK

HTML:

<p>
	<video controls="">
		<source src="{option}">{option}
	</video>
</p>

6 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

@sychn as per PM, here's a different way of doing what you are trying to achieve using this:

1. ACP -> Customization -> (Editor) Toolbars
  2. Click 'Add Button', and go to the 'Custom' tab
  3. Populate the fields as you wish, but adhere to the following specifics:
    • Enable 'Use option?'
    • Enter some text in the 'Option label' field (example: 'Link')
    • In the HTML field, enter the exact code from the codebox provided in this post
  4. Click 'Save'
  5. You will now have a new button in your "Buttons not on editor", which you can drag and drop around the available editors
  6. On the front-end, click the button, paste the link into the provided dialog box field, and click OK

HTML:

<p>
	<video controls="">
		<source src="{option}">{option}
	</video>
</p>

Thanks, Nathan. I have tried but the problem seems still the browser. I have tried different codec like H.264, but still no play button worked.