Move to another group after purchase a file

Go to solution Solved by Esther E.,

6 minutes ago, opentype said:

I do that with linked Commerce products. So the user is buying a Commerce product which has the group update and then the Download file links to the Commerce product, so the customer can also download the file. 

Can you elaborate? Do I have to create a product for every single file I have?

Btw, it seems there will be a way in IPS5:

Invoice Listener

An Invoice listener is fired only on the \IPS\nexus\Invoice class. This listener does not require you to specify a class to extend.

The Invoice listener includes a single method, onStatusChange. This is fired when the invoice is saved and the status changes (pending/paid/expired/canceled).

30 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

but that won't work on IPS5, you know.

How do you know this? Have you seen v5 yet? Have you read about all upcoming dev related changes?  I guess the answer is no, so please stop posting this constant false claims and FUD about v5 until you see at least the first public alpha..

7 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

How do you know this? Have you seen v5 yet? Have you read about all upcoming dev related changes?  I guess the answer is no, so please stop posting this constant false claims and FUD about v5 until you see at least the first public alpha..

Mate - you've misread his comment; he's clearly talking about hooks. And he followed it up with a possible option in v5.

4 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Mate - you've misread his comment; he's clearly talking about hooks. And he followed it up with a possible option in v5.

It's slightly frustrating to see people over and over again insist that things aren't going to work because we won't have hooks, after we've gone through so much trouble to make sure that people can continue to do most of the things they currently do. 

1 minute ago, Esther E. said:

It's slightly frustrating to see people over and over again insist that things aren't going to work because we won't have hooks, after we've gone through so much trouble to make sure that people can continue to do most of the things they currently do. 

But Adriano only stated that hooks won't be possible for what he wants to do...that is all. It's his use-case, he's identified what is possible in v4 and identified that that specific approach won't be possible, and then identified another possible approach.

Daniel overreacted; disagree if you wish. No skin off my nose.

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

But Adriano only stated that hooks won't be possible for what he wants to do...that is all. It's his use-case, he's identified what is possible in v4 and identified that that specific approach won't be possible, and then identified another possible approach.

Daniel overreacted; disagree if you wish. No skin off my nose.

Except that his specific approach actually is possible, literally with the same onPurchaseGenerated method.

Just now, Esther E. said:

Not this time, really. It was a genuine question then I found out that will be possible to still do it on V5. 

That’s all. Tired of this, honestly. I won’t be a burden anymore.