Community Discord Server

W.W.W

Hi, can we get a community discord server for real-time communication between the invision-universe members I believe this will boost marketplace sales & boost productivity.

Also another benefit is real-time answers for new potential customers.

5 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It's very unlikely this is something that we will do as a company. To be honest, in terms of what you have mentioned there, they tend be items that deserve considered answers, which don't lend themselves too well to a live chat type environment.

I strongly disagree nearly every project has a Telegram or Discord server for a reason. it may come across as anti forum but not really, most forums have learnt to balance between the two, each has its pros n cons.

Edited by RsWebClients

I understand that everyone likes instant gratification, but chat rooms are difficult for actual support.

1. It makes it difficult for self-serviceability. All of the questions that come up all the time are better off being somewhere where users search and find answers. 

2. Many issues are not instantly solved. It requires logging in and investigating. This could take 5 minutes or a few hours. All the while… the customer is sitting around waiting in a chat.  

3. If multiple have issues, it’s hard to track all of the different things going on. Especially if those all require logging into the customer’s instance etc. Imagine 5 people all in a chat room wanting help each talking about their problem over the course of an hour…. that is not going to be easily followed. 

Most organizations that do “live” support don’t do general chat rooms. Instead they do one on one private chats. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

On 8/4/2023 at 12:28 AM, Randy Calvert said:

I understand that everyone likes instant gratification, but chat rooms are difficult for actual support.

1. It makes it difficult for self-serviceability. All of the questions that come up all the time are better off being somewhere where users search and find answers. 

2. Many issues are not instantly solved. It requires logging in and investigating. This could take 5 minutes or a few hours. All the while… the customer is sitting around waiting in a chat.  

3. If multiple have issues, it’s hard to track all of the different things going on. Especially if those all require logging into the customer’s instance etc. Imagine 5 people all in a chat room wanting help each talking about their problem over the course of an hour…. that is not going to be easily followed. 

Most organizations that do “live” support don’t do general chat rooms. Instead they do one on one private chats. 

this is a community discord server, help will not be by the official invision team but by the community helping the community. all long-term members here know the basics at least to help new members with simple questions, also I'm sure many can help with complex issues. (if anyone needs assistance the traditional way with admincp access they can go the legacy way through the ticket system)

On 8/2/2023 at 9:34 PM, RsWebClients said:

Hi, can we get a community discord server for real-time communication between the invision-universe members I believe this will boost marketplace sales & boost productivity.

Also another benefit is real-time answers for new potential customers.

The speed and organization of posting here seems fine to me.  Also, splitting information into 2 locations makes it harder and duplicative.  To top it off... I hate how I can't find information on discord as a "threaded" discussion on a singular issue (i.e. no topics and people tend to hold multiple conversations at once.  It's just running dialogue on a general topic.  More like a town square.

5 hours ago, RsWebClients said:

this is a community discord server, help will not be by the official invision team but by the community helping the community. all long-term members here know the basics at least to help new members with simple questions, also I'm sure many can help with complex issues. (if anyone needs assistance the traditional way with admincp access they can go the legacy way through the ticket system)

In what possible way is this site not able to do this (and perhaps better since IPB staff jump in to be helpful on member support chats all the time)?

Quality, thought out, support isn’t in real time. Perfect example, stack overflow. A thought out response in a forum setting lends to higher quality. Because group think picks it apart. No single source, in real time, will ever provide that quality. 

Could contain: Head, Person, Face, Photography, Portrait, Adult, Male, Man, Hardware, Computer Hardware

I use MS Teams at work to bounce ideas off other devs 1:1, but still we typically hold a 15 min team meeting, with the whole team, to agree on an approach/solution for those challenges that are beyond the norm. 

Edited by Aiwa