Facebook login : Facebook is reviewing my app and says they can't use it to register a new account?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Facebook (a.k.a. Meta) reached out to alert me that an action was required for them to continue letting me using the app I created in order to allow for Facebook login on my Invision Community. 

I detailed the purpose of the app (to offer the Facebook login to my community forum). 

They replied with: 

While reviewing we were not able to login into the website using facebook as it is leading error " Not permitted to register a user account with this site" Hence we request you to fix this issue and let us know so that we will review the app accordingly.

I have 3 days to comply or they're canceling my app. 

What should I do? 

Thanks again. In the end, I created a test user on the Invision Community platform, linked it to a Facebook account, and gave them instructions to log in to the Invision Community platform with that test user. They were able to log in and seem to be happy with what they've seen so far. 

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Glad to hear you managed to get that issue resolved. 

Well not really... in the end they seem to be at it again. I just received a new email that my FB login app is under review (again) and that I need to provide them with login credentials. 

This all feels very Kafkaesque. Is everyone who's using FB login going through that?  

The issue is they are banned from the site as mentioned. The only way in which to resolve that is to know what IP and email they are trying to use when registering. Without that, its impossible to track them down. Other users would not be having that issue, as they are not logging in using that same IP and email. 

Unfortunately this is another case whereby facebook make it harder and harder to integrate with them

6 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The issue is they are banned from the site as mentioned. The only way in which to resolve that is to know what IP and email they are trying to use when registering. Without that, its impossible to track them down. Other users would not be having that issue, as they are not logging in using that same IP and email. 

Unfortunately this is another case whereby facebook make it harder and harder to integrate with them

No I mean I was able to give them a test user that is linked to a Facebook account and they emailed me to say "We were able to access the platform with the information you provided." 

Then this morning I get a new email that my app is under review and I need to give them FB credentials again (even though I just did). 

Yes, I understand. I was just venting here (sorry) to see if I'm the only one with this issue or if everyone goes through this app review process. 

I just received a new email from them saying that they were able to access the platform (same email as before). These seem like a bunch of semi-automated emails Let's hope this was just a glitch in their systems. 

Save yourself the heartache and don't use social sign ins.  They change their policies on a whim, don't bother notifying you, and suddenly things quit working because you're not in compliance.  Then you're left holding the bag figuring out how to get back in compliance with little to no assistance....

All for them to get more data about your site and your users.