Something has changed in the AdvertisementLocations?

Go to solution Solved by DawPi,

On 7/18/2023 at 11:08 AM, Stuart Silvester said:

I don't see any changes related to advertisements

On 7/18/2023 at 11:31 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Probably it was removed somehow from the applications / appKey / data / extensions.json

Something weird there. I just had the same issue with an app. Someone reported:

7PiyZP9.png

I went to check and everything is ok but it kept claiming the Editor Location extension. So I went to check it in the extensions.json and it doesn't even exists:

2rzZ1Vb.png

So I removed the extension and recreated it with the same content and now the .json is there:

aO0tDz5.jpg

And I got no error in the app. It was working, according to the user, up to 4.7.10.

Leaving it here just in case you want to check it out.

1 hour ago, Stuart Silvester said:

I'm going to assume they're old apps and you haven't added an extension since we moved to the JSON method (that's the action that writes the file)

I guess you added this later. Ok, why didn’t you add this to a step upgrade to .12? 

🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Adriano Faria

The code doesn't know whether that's a current extension or one that's there from an older version of the app that's no longer used (which is why we've opted to remove the legacy code, it was masking issues). In a lot of cases applications are stored in read-only locations, but as noted it's not something for us to generate on upgrade. I'll point out again, there has been 5 years to implement the proper extensions method.

4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I was expecting the extensions.json to be built when you export the app; it seems to be done only when you add/remove an extension.

I was sure that it works that way! If not then it's not logic at all. It should be generated when exporting... Why isn't? 🙂

Edited by DawPi

A suggestion, if I may. To enhance communication and avoid situations like that, it would be helpful to create a topic in Developer Connection every time a new version will break something.

For example:

Removed legacy file loader for Extensions.

At least to me, it isn't clear that will break all apps without extensions.json. It may be to others, but it isn't to me.

That would help the 3rd-party dev community to update their resources during the beta stage.

Thank you.