PII Update Patch Appears to have Broken My Suite Themes

Go to solution Solved by adik,

Hi guys

Installed the latest patch fix last night, and now I'm getting strange issues on mobile and desktop on my IPS suite.

• Notifications list won't appear when the bell icon is clicked
  • Trying to post a status update on the Status Updates homepage returns the user to their profile page (not expected/desired behaviour)
  • Embedded content such as tweets no longer show up
  • Profile Banners no longer show up
  • Users have had to re-log in a number of times

Some of these issues do not appear to be occurring when changing to default IPS theme, however when comparing my custom theme to the new default I can not see any changes that can allow me to fix the issue.

For example, Notifications list - this is what I'm experiencing on my custom theme:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Electronics, Screen

However, checking the theme comparisons does not appear to result in any changes that I can revert that would fix the issue:

Could contain: Text, Chart, Plot

There's nothing missing in my custom skin. So I am confused as to why this has broken down. The same with a number of other issues I'm experiencing - no problems on Default, but when I go to investigate what part of the custom theme would need to change, I cannot find anything to fix.

Clearing Caches do not fix the problems.

If IPS can offer a changelist from its last patch regarding themes, that I can refer to, that would be great. If I still have issues, I may need some deeper technical support please.

2 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

It sounds like you may have a Javascript cache issue, go to AdminCP > Support > Clear Caches to see if that solves your problem.

Hi Stuart - I tried clearing caches again (I did try this before) and still no change I'm afraid.

I fear I may have to rewrite my custom skin in order to fix many of these issues (which I'm sort of resigned to, it's fine), but one thing that I don't think I'll be able to fix is the logging-in issue. Many users (including myself) are being asked to log in several times. Here's some feedback from my users:

Despite the settings being left on "remember me" - I seem to be forcibly logged out whenever I navigate away from this site. Unless I keep a tab open in the background, I've had to re-login every time I've come here in the last day or so.

Strange thing is, if I just reload the page while seemingly signed out, I'll suddenly be signed in again like it was nothing.

But then if I close the browser (on mobile at least, I haven't tested on PC yet) and re-enter, the same thing happens: I'm signed out until I reload the page, then suddenly signed in again.

Any chance someone can check my suite/setup and see if something is wrong there?

• Solution

@Dreadknux in the template named includeJS add

essential_cookies: {expression="json_encode( \IPS\Request::getEssentialCookies())" raw="true"},
  {{if member.member_id}}
onlyEssentialCookies: {{if \IPS\Request::i()->cookieConsentEnabled() AND !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->optionalCookiesAllowed AND \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->controllerLocation !== 'admin'}}true{{else}}false{{endif}},
  {{endif}}

and save

Could contain: Page, Text