AI driven spam service

Prevent spam would be at the top of my list!  😉

I'm for anything that helps with this, whether it is AI or something else.   Just deleted 17 pages of spam all posted this morning.  I'm just doing admin approved registrations at the moment till I figure out a path out of this.  

14 hours ago, olyclimber said:

Prevent spam would be at the top of my list!  😉

I'm for anything that helps with this, whether it is AI or something else.   Just deleted 17 pages of spam all posted this morning.  I'm just doing admin approved registrations at the moment till I figure out a path out of this.  

Are you using hCaptcha, with Question and Answers? (multiple of those). If not, try that and see if this improves

hcaptcha is useless, when you have humans creating account and then spambots taking over. 

Easy way to block spam bots:

1. Restrict spam bot content, as they use same content across all sites. 

2. Block their human IP's i.e. datacenter, proxies, etc. 

However, I wish, IPS would make it easier to delete spam bot account. That one by one account deletion is pain in the butt. 

Edited by AlexJ

1 hour ago, AlexJ said:

hcaptcha is useless, when you have humans creating account and then spambots taking over. 

That is why you should also be adding decent Q&A challenges, ones that are in your niche and not easily Googled. hCAPTCHA and that will put a good dent in preventing spam. 

On 5/19/2023 at 2:31 PM, Jim M said:

That is why you should also be adding decent Q&A challenges, ones that are in your niche and not easily Googled. hCAPTCHA and that will put a good dent in preventing spam. 

Q&A is most useless and waste of time for humans creating account and then handing to spam bot automation. 

My logic is make it easier for real users and worse for spambots. I don't want to 10 hops for real user in creating account.

On 5/19/2023 at 2:31 PM, Jim M said:

My one community is very broad, so a Q&A wouldn't be the best option for new members. It's unfortunate that spam is still such an issue, but as spam blockers get more sophisticated, so do the spam bots/spammers. To add to the conversation and what works the best for me, I'll share my approach, below.

1. Switched to hCAPTCHa
  2. Require the first post to be approved by the staff before a new member's content can be seen.
  3. Subscribed to and setup Cleantalk. Toy around with sensitivity until you find what works best for your community.
  4. Consider setting up alternative registration methods (Google, Apple, Facebook, etc.) if you can, making it easier for real people to register.

Good luck spam-fighters! 🤜🤖