What file permissions need to be changed?

Our site has been migrated to a new host and a new server. We had everything configured corrrectly on our original setup but now when attempting to edit theme files in the admincp we get "theme cannot be saved" error. I assume this is a file permissions issue. We have CHMOD 777'ed cache, applications, uploads, plugins and datastore but still encounter the error. Any folders we are missing? Any thoughts on what is causing this issue? The new server runs PHP 8 and is on shared hosting with DreamHost (we originally hosted it on our own equipment under a cPanel/WHM install.)

Edited by Joshua Hina

So it seems this is not a permissions issue; after confirming with my hosts support 

- applications
    - datastore
    - plugins
    - uploads and all sub-directories of uploads 

Are all 777'ed and all other files have 755 as they should except the config which is 744. Any time I am trying to edit themes from within the ACP I am given "Theme file cannot be saved". 

Edited by Joshua Hina

It's been almost a week and nothing from an IPS employee... C'mon guys... Even the host says this is something you guys would need to look into. A key function of the software (being able to edit even the default theme) is non-functional. that isn't a custom function or an add-on I created; it is literally a function of the software. Can I get something from IPS?

1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

Have you looked in your system log? There might be something there labelled as "template_error" that have information as to why it can't be saved.

Thanks. In the ACP System Logs when editing anything in a theme regardless of the theme INVALID_URL is thrown. I’ve even ran the revert and attempt to to make edits and the same thing still occurs. Never encountered this on my own equipment but the new host says everything is fine on their end. Not even sure what would be calling an invalid URL as when I’m editing stuff it’s not even related to the site; I’m adding links ect to the theme. Unless you have any more insight, it’s probably something that IPS is going to have to look at.

Sorry, seems as this was posted in the classic selfhosted forum, which is for server issues, that it would be outside our scope of support.

However, it sounds like you may have mod_security or something else security wise if you are receiving this permission error. I would suggest disabling this to test further.

These templates and CSS files are stored in the database so typically wouldn’t be a write issue to the server itself, it would be a processing issue on the server which is being blocked. 

Check the owner / group of the files as well. Sometimes when you move a site the owner of the files is the root of the server instead of the user for that domain (something like that - the important part I remember is the owner). In a terminal window (if you have root access) you should see the owner information in a ls -l directory listing.

Could contain: Electronics, Hardware, Text