Bulk Mail Features

hpcrazy

I have run into some difficulties regarding the Bulk Mail feature which brought up some ideas for future features in the Bulk Mail section :

1 : Filter how many mails per minunte / hour or day can be sent.

2 : An export feature for member emails which can be loaded into any bulk mail tool.

The current solution with the SMTP gateway is not sufficient to those tasks at all and leaves only the SendGrid subscription for 19.95$ / month as the only solution but this quite expensive if you are still building up your communty and having like 2000 - 3000 members.

I will toss in my hat to say that SendGrid is worth the $20, but I also agree that the bulk mail needs a refresh for sure. 

All of those features would be a plus and I'd actually say a scheduler would be awesome.  Not even going to get into fancy features like including the most recent ABC or most popular ABC with simple prompts.

54 minutes ago, UncrownedGuard said:

I will toss in my hat to say that SendGrid is worth the $20, but I also agree that the bulk mail needs a refresh for sure. 

I checked out SendGrid and yes the features are great - but what is with those users who are not interested in all those features like me. I just want to send a monthly newsletter and I know from the previous reactions of users that only a few really read the newsletter. So why paying for a service which I don't need ? That's my problem and with the SMTP gateway I ran into the big Stop Sign - my server will not allow me to do one more newsletter on this current scale. So there is only a solution for small communities and big communities but none for the medium one. That's my vote.

19 minutes ago, hpcrazy said:

I checked out SendGrid and yes the features are great - but what is with those users who are not interested in all those features like me. I just want to send a monthly newsletter and I know from the previous reactions of users that only a few really read the newsletter. So why paying for a service which I don't need ? That's my problem and with the SMTP gateway I ran into the big Stop Sign - my server will not allow me to do one more newsletter on this current scale. So there is only a solution for small communities and big communities but none for the medium one. That's my vote.

Or find a hosting provider or VPS where you don’t have a limit enforced on you. 😉

7 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Or find a hosting provider or VPS where you don’t have a limit enforced on you. 😉

I have been with this one since 2003 - I don't want to change. Their support is marvellous and very professional.

and I think it's more a problem that you get on a blacklist of the ones who supposed to receive the emails. These are the instructions they sent me .. translated from german :

--------

General dispatch guidelines:
In order not to risk blacklisting and/or significant dispatch delays on the part of recipient mail servers, it is of enormous importance that dispatch is neatly staggered. In addition to the monthly volume limit, the following limits are mandatory:

maximum 40 mails / minute
maximum 2000 mails / hour
maximum 5000 mails / day

12 hours ago, hpcrazy said:

I have been with this one since 2003 - I don't want to change. Their support is marvellous and very professional.

While I understand you have been with them for a long time, and their support is good etc, they are unfortunately not providing the service in which you want to have provided. The issue you have is really an issue of what you are using to send your mail (currently your hosting), rather than an issue with the software.

I would say, you can already export members with their email address from the members page in your admin CP by the way.

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I would say, you can already export members with their email address from the members page in your admin CP by the way.

OK sorry I did not see that - I found that feature now and was able to import the email list into a bulk mail software where I can set the numbers of mails send in a certain timeframe. So I have a solution now.

🙂

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The issue you have is really an issue of what you are using to send your mail (currently your hosting), rather than an issue with the software.

I know - was just a request for a possible future upgrade with such a feature.

something like that :

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Edited by hpcrazy