Redis setup help needed

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you are unsure on the setup of this, you would need to contact your hosting company to ask the question. If you are unsure what redis does, you are probably unlikely to need it.

i use a vps from leaseweb any tutorial available anywhere?

IPS does not provide support for you installing/setting up Redis on your server.   This is because the process is different depending on what operating system you're using (Ubuntu, Centos, Alma, etc) and if there is a control panel involved, etc.  They don't know how you're setup to provide guidance.  I would suggest starting with Google as a frame of reference personally.

In addition, it requires you to recompile PHP to include the PHP-Redis module...  so you would have to do that as well.  

Again...  if you're simply running a single VPS server, I'm not even sure you NEED Redis.  Setting up something just to set it up adds complications that you don't necessarily understand and also introduces more things that could break or go wrong.  I would suggest you not simply add it just because it is an option that shows up as available.  

Redis is not a magic tool that will suddenly drop page load times.  It's just a different way of storing certain types of data.  A website taking a long time to load could be caused by many different factors, including system load, location, etc.  

You might need someone with server administration experience to look at your server and see what is going on.  For example, is your Apache/PHP configuration optimized?  How about mySQL itself... is the my.cnf optimized for your available resources?  If your server is further away from where most of your users are, do you use a CDN such as Cloudflare to help cache images/stylesheets/javascript?