"Truncated decimal value" in ../upg_107640/upgrade.php::50

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Thanks, that finally worked.

I think I'll wait a week or two to upgrade in the future. I see a lot of posts that this recent upgrade broke people's forums. I'm not sure you're testing as well as you used to for the self-hosted software. You have reduced the support for it already. Can you comment on if you plan to completely deprecate it in the future?

3 minutes ago, Frank S. Hagan said:

I see a lot of posts that this recent upgrade broke people's forums. I'm not sure you're testing as well as you used to for the self-hosted software. You have reduced the support for it already. Can you comment on if you plan to completely deprecate it in the future?

IPS has not reduced or removed support. As someone who has been around for years… there has actually been an an investment in the amount of resources aligned to support. It’s simply being done here now instead of via email. 

Because support is here, you actually have a chance to see what’s happening more “behind the scenes”.  If support was simply done via email you would not have seen when others had the same issue.  There is not any change to how the software is tested… instead you simply have more visibility into what others are experiencing by using the community. 

Regarding deprecate…. What are you meaning by “it”?  Are you meaning any plans to depreciate support or the software itself or just self-hosting?

IPS is in the process of working on a major rework of the software. A similar process happened when moving from 3.0 to 4.0. However way back when that happened… there was not the same level of communication or announcements when it came to the future of the product.  IPS is now sharing more information early in the process so they have time to make appropriate plans. 

As someone who was around for when 4.0 was launched, they did not give us a year’s heads up that something was being removed in 4.0. It simply was not there and people had to figure out on their own and deal. 

Finally IPS has already said that 5.0 release is going to be available for self-hosted folks. 

On 3/11/2023 at 2:39 PM, Randy Calvert said:

IPS has not reduced or removed support.

<snip>

Finally IPS has already said that 5.0 release is going to be available for self-hosted folks.

I've been using the software for 12 years, since January 2011, so I've been around a while too.  Removing the ticket system for self hosted folks, but not for cloud customers, is obviously a reduction of support. At least in my opinion, having spent 40 years in support myself.

Thanks for letting me know that 5.0 will be for self hosted folks. That was helpful.

12 hours ago, Frank S. Hagan said:

I've been using the software for 12 years, since January 2011, so I've been around a while too.  Removing the ticket system for self hosted folks, but not for cloud customers, is obviously a reduction of support. At least in my opinion, having spent 40 years in support myself.

Thanks for letting me know that 5.0 will be for self hosted folks. That was helpful.

We offer a forum first approach to support for all our customers. The support has in no way been diminished by this, I can assure you. We're still here 🙂