Individual member payment gateway

I just want to make sure I have not missed this anywhere.

We agree that there is no way for a member to be paid directly for anything, whether using the core or any plugin, correct? Or did I miss it? Say in Classifieds, there is no way for someone who pays for something to pay the seller directly? Or in Clubs, there is no way for one club’s membership payments’ to go to one payment pipeline and another club’s payments’ to go to another? If I’m reading this correctly, ALL payments have to go through the board’s payment setup and then the board has to redistribute? If I am correct, is this something that will ever change? It seems completely impractical and limiting.

Thoughts?

Thx.

12 minutes ago, Giray said:

If I’m reading this correctly, ALL payments have to go through the board’s payment setup

Unless someone reinvent the wheel which is pretty much non sense to me. It would have to handle manually with everything. Commerce already do that.

Anyway, Michael seems to do it in his Donations app. You can try to contact him to see if he does the same as a new app or a custom job in Classifieds.

12 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Unless someone reinvent the wheel which is pretty much non sense to me. It would have to handle manually with everything. Commerce already do that.

Anyway, Michael seems to do it in his Donations app. You can try to contact him to see if he does the same as a new app or a custom job in Classifieds.

Sorry Adriano, not sure I follow. You think it’s nonsense to have a system whereby members could be paid directly for something ‘they’ are selling? This is the way it works on many platforms that have individual shops. You set up your shop, you get paid directly. Instead, with IPS, because there is no possibility for the member to set up a payment option, every payment has to transit through the board’s bank account (or paypal or whatever) and then get redistributed. That’s so much work, not to mention an accounting/taxation nightmare. Sorry, are you agreeing with me or disagreeing, not sure I understand.