"Recommend" Settings

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

52 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Moderators -> edit group or user -> Forums -> Can recommend posts on a topic?

Apolgoes- I'm not finding it under Forums or Content tabs..

after my community's specific URL:admin/?app=core&module=staff&controller=moderators&do=edit&id=6&type=g

Here is what I'm seeing:

Could contain: Page, Text, File

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

There are a number of settings. FTP/ Admin CP / etc. Can I DM you?

7 minutes ago, SpencerJ said:

There are a number of settings. FTP/ Admin CP / etc. Can I DM you?

Please utilize the access information area as detailed. This is not only significantly more secure than a PM, it enables all our require personnel to see the details who are required to assist you. 

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please utilize the access information area as detailed. This is not only significantly more secure than a PM, it enables all our require personnel to see the details who are required to assist you. 

OK, who do I update this to, you?

Sorry, I am not quite sure what you mean? 

You would simply add an account for the items in our access details. This can be an account just for our company or any existing account that you use. Here are the instructions again on how to update these in our Client Area:

The Client Area on this site is where you're being asked to store info.

• Go to: https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/
  • Find your license associated with the site you need help with and click "Manage This Purchase".
  • Find the Stored Access Information section and click the button.
    Could contain: Page, Text
  • Fill out the info there and save it. 

All IPS staff now have access to the details and any staff member can help you.  DMs/PMs are not as secure and using it means only that one staff member can see it.  If they go off shift, you're stuck waiting till they get back.

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, the access details provided for your ACP are incorrect. Please verify and update. 

A common reason for this is that you require an email address to login instead of a username.  Whatever value you provide...  I would suggest actually logging in with that info in a different browser to make sure everything is good.  🙂 

I would also personally double check the FTP info as well while you're at it if it were me to avoid slowing things down!  

Just now, Randy Calvert said:

A common reason for this is that you require an email address to login instead of a username.  Whatever value you provide...  I would suggest actually logging in with that info in a different browser to make sure everything is good.  🙂 

I would also personally double check the FTP info as well while you're at it if it were me to avoid slowing things down!  

We check everything. Don't worry, Randy 😉 

Just now, SpencerJ said:

How about now? TY

While the credentials are correct. It appears that you are enforcing Two Factor Authentication on this account so would need to disable this while we assist you or provide us with all security questions and answers in the notes field in the access details area of the Client Area.

The example group provided is unrestricted in terms of content so already has this permission. As you can see here, I logged in with a random user in this group and it is present:

Could contain: Page, Text, Gas Pump, Pump, Machine, File

Please note, your original request is to allow specifically "authors" to do this. It does not work like that, it works on a group permission either for all or specific forums you specify.

Thanks for looking.

51 minutes ago, Jim M said:

The example group provided is unrestricted in terms of content so already has this permission.

23 hours ago, Jim M said:

This is currently a moderator permission in ACP -> Members -> Staff -> Moderators -> edit group or user -> Forums -> Can recommend posts on a topic?

Where are the settings located to control this? I would like to adjust these settings on a group by group basis.

On 2/2/2023 at 1:59 PM, Jim M said:

This is currently a moderator permission in ACP -> Members -> Staff -> Moderators -> edit group or user -> Forums -> Can recommend posts on a topic?

You said this above^. This is what I see:

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

I'm not finding "Can recommend posts on a topic?" anywhere. 

On 2/3/2023 at 12:50 PM, Jim M said:

The example group provided is unrestricted in terms of content so already has this permission.

Ok- is there a place to control the "Recommend" setting somewhere at the group level?