Fresh installation: Can't login to frontend

On 1/31/2023 at 3:27 AM, shiobi said:

When I enter my login information into the login box, the software redirects me to ?_fromLogin=1 but nothing happens. I keep logging out.

Hi. You might try activating this option in Admincp/System/Advanced Configuration.

5Uv1Mz2.png

Edited by ThunderBlue

15 hours ago, ThunderBlue said:

Hi. You might try activating this option in Admincp/System/Advanced Configuration.

5Uv1Mz2.png

This option is already enabled.

6 hours ago, Jim M said:

Is this your Test URL which you're having issues logging in with? Please disable CloudFlare for the time being to see if it is having any impact. I keep seeing IP address conflicts when attempting to login.

Done!

Well, it's so weird. This is my own server, and I created a VM with Ubuntu specifically for this test installation (twice, indeed, to discard if it was a VM problem).

We are migrating to my own server. The production environment is using another host, but it's a bare metal plan with a different distro and PHP version. So in the past, I've installed this software several times, and this is the first time I've encountered a problem like this. 😥

On 1/31/2023 at 11:07 AM, shiobi said:

Reinstalled and the issue persists 😪

Invision Community Version 4.7.6
PHP Version 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.10
Database Version 5.5.5-10.6.11-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.22.04.1

I can share any additional information if needed.

Update: I deleted the VM and created a new one, this time with Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS.

And also:

Upgraded to PHP Version 8.2.2
Upgraded MariaDB to 10.6.11-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.22.04.1

But the same problem 😥

Well, I think I have fixed this issue. I replaced Nginx with Apache, and now I can login without problems.

I'll continue investigating this. I have been using Nginx since I installed Invision Community for the first time. It is very weird...