Setting up advertisements?

Have never used advertising before, but when going through the settings, I saw an advertising setting in Site Promotion that seemed fairly simple.
So I wanted to just test it and see if it's viable. I set up a single image to show. I set only admin to see it while I test. Added a simple image.
But no matter what I do, I don't see any image anywhere, in any of the places I set it to appear. Have tried multiple times. Can't see anything wrong with what I am doing, so wanted to ask if there is something I need to know, or how to troubleshoot?
Anyone using it that can give any advice? I haven't tried showing to any other groups, but surely showing to admin should work?
Anyone? Much appreciated.

I just tried this on a new stock/vanilla board and it worked fine.  (And the image dimensions don't matter.)

Have you tried creating a NEW vanilla theme and using it?  I know you said you have a standard theme, but just for giggles, create a new theme and use it to test.  (There could be a problem with your existing one.)

Also have you tried disabling all of your third party resources/applications to see if they might be interfering with the ad system?

Tried various browsers, same.
Disabled all addons...same
Have about 6 themes installed, tried them all...same.
Not sure what you mean by primary profile @rastafari? I'm the main admin, and have always been logged in with that profile. So it should show to me as admin?
But I guess I'll have to enable it for members or guests and try it as one of those tomorrow. Wanted to avoid the questions until I decide where I am going with it, and once they see it they are going to start a debate. But I guess that is easiest for now.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I tried to create my own advertisement.
So far, so good.

Unfortunately, the upload image item doesn't show me anything that allows me to upload an image.
How or what do I have to activate that is displayed with the upload window?

It's about the first picture here

Kind regards

Please ensure your access details on file are set to your test site details, and I can take a look for you. Note, we dont actually support test instances