Deleted moderator group

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

ACP > Members > Staff > Moderators

Check to see if you have an existing member group for moderators.  If not, add one.  You can edit it to select which specific permissions they should have (and where).  If you don't apply any limits, they'll be considered to be unrestricted moderators.  

Once that is done, assign your specific moderators to that group.  So if "Bob" is supposed to be a moderator, set it as his primary or secondary member group.  

ACP > Members > Members

You could just assign moderators without setting a group, but it means you have to set permissions for each specific person instead of the group and have them inherit it automatically.  

Also take a look at the following guide for setting up moderators:

Edited by Randy Calvert

3 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Check to see if you have an existing member group for moderators.  If not, add one.  

It's exactly this I'm struggling with. I can't find a way to create a moderator group....one which has the mod tools. It's easy to create a group which has unlimited everything, but not one which is specifically a moderator.

Am I missing something here?

You can define moderator groups by going to your ACP.  

ACP > Members > Staff > Moderators

That is going to be domain.com/admin/?app=core&module=staff&controller=moderators

If you don't have a moderator group there already, you can add one.  In the upper right side of the screen will be a green "Add Moderator" button.  Click it.

Could contain: Text, Page

You'll see a screen that says:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Pick which group you want to be a moderator and choose Save.  You can then edit that group if you don't want them to be an unrestricted moderator.  

10 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

You can define moderator groups by going to your ACP.  

ACP > Members > Staff > Moderators

That is going to be domain.com/admin/?app=core&module=staff&controller=moderators

If you don't have a moderator group there already, you can add one.  In the upper right side of the screen will be a green "Add Moderator" button.  Click it.

Could contain: Text, Page

You'll see a screen that says:

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Pick which group you want to be a moderator and choose Save.  You can then edit that group if you don't want them to be an unrestricted moderator.  

Cheers, I'll look into that.

If I do that, the mod group isn't there as it's now gone:

Could contain: Page, Text

It sounds like you actually deleted that member group.  

Create a new member group called "Moderators" or whatever you want it to be.  

ACP > Members > Groups

I actually have one called "Global Moderators" that are unrestricted moderators and another just called "Moderators" that are individuals who moderate specific forum(s).

13 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

It sounds like you actually deleted that member group.  

Create a new member group called "Moderators" or whatever you want it to be.  

ACP > Members > Groups

I actually have one called "Global Moderators" that are unrestricted moderators and another just called "Moderators" that are individuals who moderate specific forum(s).

Ok, I have created this group, but there is no access to ModCP and a test account in that group shows that the typical mod tools don't exist (edit, delete, move etc.) This has been my problem right from the start with creating a new Mod group. It simply doesn't work in the way a Moderator would expect.