How to merge two users properly?

Hello, I've recently merged two boards and theres lots of user accounts that need to be merged. The problem I have is that after marging the user accounts, it seems like one of them is deleted and not merged at all. I have many posts and topics now created by "Guests", which are the accounts of users that needed to be merged into one. 

I am doing it by going to Members -> User -> Account actions -> Merge with another account -> I choose the user account and the one I want to keep. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by angle4cor

Hello!

You're doing it the right way, merging accounts can be a resource intensive process since it may need to update content in various locations. When you do the merge, Invision Community creates some background processes that may take some time to complete. You can monitor the progress of these from your AdminCP dashboard.

Hello,

Why the topic was marked as solved?

Like I've written earlier, after merging users the way I've described above, I am having ghosts posts and topics on the board, made by "Guest". It's not connected to the background processes, as they're all finished. I've also resynchronized all user post counts. It seems like the merging process is not done well and some posts/topics are left off. 

How to fix this issue? I am running the newest version of IPS. 

Edited by angle4cor

On 1/14/2023 at 5:32 PM, angle4cor said:

Hello,

Why the topic was marked as solved?

Like I've written earlier, after merging users the way I've described above, I am having ghosts posts and topics on the board, made by "Guest". It's not connected to the background processes, as they're all finished. I've also resynchronized all user post counts. It seems like the merging process is not done well and some posts/topics are left off. 

How to fix this issue? I am running the newest version of IPS. 

When you merge 2 members it says the following:

After merging, content will be reassigned to the chosen member and then the other will be deleted. This will be done gradually in the background and not immediately.

However, the content shouldn't be shown as made by guests in this case, but as belonging to the chosen member. 

Maybe the merging process hasn't been completed?

Hello, 

The merging process had been completed. It has been performed a couple of days ago. The ACP shows:

There are no background processes currently running.

After the merging, I've also cleared the system cache and recounted user posts on the whole board. 

15 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please could you provide some examples, and we can then take a look for you?

Like I've written earlier, after merging of two users, some of the posts and topics are being left off and show up on the board as being made by a "Guest". 

For example, I've clicked on the IP adress of the post made by a "Guest" and that leads me to a page where I can see that these posts had been made by both "Guest" and the user it should be merged with. 

Is there a way to merge the lost posts to the other account trough the IP adress they're sharing? 

I am planning to merge a lot more users together in the future. How to avoid such problems?

Could contain: Text, File

Could contain: Text, Person