Server time may be inaccurate / Non-InnoDB tables

Go to solution Solved by Mark H,

Anyone know how to fix these errors? 

Could contain: Text

I contacted my host, they replied "While checking we could see that the server is configured to use the current PST time and is accurate. Also the InnoDB MySQL engine is enabled and is running. Please see these can be rechecked." 

When I select "Fix This" I get:

Your server is reporting the current time as 01/12/2023 03:51 PM UTC which seems to be inaccurate. This can cause problems with some services and security functionality. You should contact your hosting provider to ask for this problem to be resolved.

and 

InnoDB database tables typically perform more efficiently and reliably than other database engines such as MyISAM on most modern hosts when configured correctly. It is strongly encouraged to ensure all of your database tables are using the InnoDB storage engine, and that your hosting provider has configured MySQL for InnoDB use.

You would need to also check the time/timezone set on your mysql instance, which may be causing you that issue.

With regards the INNODB tables, that would indeed be for your hosting company to correct. I believe they have read the comment incorrectly. YOu have tables that are using MyISAM that shuold be switched to using INNODB. It is not saying INNODB is not available there

Unfortunately, I am not seeing any logs in your file system for our software reporting an issue. You may wish to check with your hosting provider to see what is happening here to see why you're getting "Not Acceptable" when extracting the files. 

Checking permissions, file/folder ownership, and if the tmp directory is writable are some good checkpoints but may not completely encompass your issue.

• Solution

Just a followup to what my colleague mentioned with some extra info... the error "Not Acceptable" is most often tied to the use of Mod Security on your server. 

Your host would need to confirm whether you are using it, but if you are using Mod Security, then it is likely the cause of that error, and they need to examine the logs to see what rule was being triggered during file extraction, then "whitelist" that rule for your account.

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

With regards the INNODB tables, that would indeed be for your hosting company to correct. I believe they have read the comment incorrectly. YOu have tables that are using MyISAM that shuold be switched to using INNODB. It is not saying INNODB is not available there

From Eleven2.com "I could see the server supports InnoDB and which is the default one."

1 hour ago, Marcel_merged said:

From Eleven2.com "I could see the server supports InnoDB and which is the default one."

Believe they are still confused. The statement there is not stating anything about the server's capabilities. It is stating that there are tables in the database set to MyISAM and those tables will need to be switched to be using INNODB. Your hosting provider is responsible for assisting you with this change that is associated with your MySQL database.

1 minute ago, Marcel_merged said:

Is there a place to set time zone? Host is asking what time zone site is set to. 

This is referring to the original topic of "server time being inaccurate" 

It is not related to time zones. This would be on the server that the server time is inaccurate. This would mean your server time is off, even by a few seconds to a minute.

On 1/12/2023 at 3:37 PM, Jim M said:

Believe they are still confused. The statement there is not stating anything about the server's capabilities. It is stating that there are tables in the database set to MyISAM and those tables will need to be switched to be using INNODB. Your hosting provider is responsible for assisting you with this change that is associated with your MySQL database.

Below is from tech support at Eleven2.com. I'm not sure how to answer this, can you assist? 

It sounds like you want to export data from one table type and import it to another. That is usually something handled by a developer or similar familiar with the software you are using. Do you have any documentation from the software developers on what they are looking to do?