Upgrade Issue

4.7.4 IS the November release. Beta 1 is the first “draft” of that release. 4.7.3 is the currently supported “live” version.  

I would generally suggest restoring from backup and installing 4.7.3 as it does support PHP7.4. Just release it’s the last version that will support it and PHP7 itself is end of life literally in a few weeks. 

This is from the client center.  Was gonna shut down end of December anyway

4.7.4 Beta 1

Important Information

• Version Requirements

Our version requirements often change for major new releases. Check your server is still compatible with this version's requirements:

• PHP 7.4.0 or above (8.0.0 or above recommended).
Edited by mtalks

6 hours ago, Gary said:

Hi @mtalks,

This may have been overlooked as we were way too excited getting 4.7.4 Beta 1 ready!

I'll follow this up to ensure it is ironed out for anyone else that may be experiencing the same issue.

I have redirected my site for now

@Gary Does that mean a fix or do I just need to go ahead and close the site?

12 minutes ago, mtalks said:

I have redirected my site for now

4.7.4 will continue to require PHP8.  They've updated the Beta 1 release notes to more clearly indicate PHP8 is required.  

IPS Community Suite 4.7.4 Beta 1

Released 10/26/2022

Key Changes

This is our November maintenance release.

Key changes include:

Additional Information

Core

• Increased minimum PHP version to 8.0.
  • Added Moderation Alerts.

4.7.3 is the last release that will support PHP7.4.  You're welcome to use that version if you like, but the system requirement of requiring PHP8 for 4.7.4 won't change.

Edited by Randy Calvert

17 hours ago, mtalks said:

As above, the fix has been implemented. To continue running 4.7.4 Beta 1, you will need PHP 8. If you are able to revert back to your 4.7.3 installation, then that would be the best way forward if you wish to continue using PHP 7.

Sorry if this is of any inconvenience to you, however PHP 8 will be the minimum version required for the November release onwards, as discussed here.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thanks, @mtalks.