Events pictures not loading on Overview page

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I'm getting numerous events not loading their image on Overview, yet they are loading on their individual page. It doesn't seem to be a file format or size issue as other pictures that are larger in file size load correctly. Can someone help please as the overview doesn't load the image which makes the event look unprofessional and uninviting. Thanks in advance.

Could contain: Text, Page, Paper

On event shows picture:

image.thumb.png.13914edf7771c14e1683bb1df154d23e.png

The first image shows up fine for me.  The second image does not show up because it's a broken image.

It's trying to load an image with the following address:

https://forevergaming.co.uk/forum/uploads/monthly_2022_10/1267989165_GTSportAd-HocEvent/(4/).jpg.47680fb255567100cfec45892d417564.jpg

My guess is the slashes in the file name are causing problems for your web server as it's most likely parsing them as folders.  Try re-adding the image without the (4) and the slashes in the file name and I'll expect it'll work for you.  

12 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Is this only happening on your custom theme or is this also happening on an unmodified theme?

Yes, still happening on the IPS theme.

1 hour ago, Randy Calvert said:

The first image shows up fine for me.  The second image does not show up because it's a broken image.

It's trying to load an image with the following address:

https://forevergaming.co.uk/forum/uploads/monthly_2022_10/1267989165_GTSportAd-HocEvent/(4/).jpg.47680fb255567100cfec45892d417564.jpg

My guess is the slashes in the file name are causing problems for your web server as it's most likely parsing them as folders.  Try re-adding the image without the (4) and the slashes in the file name and I'll expect it'll work for you.  

Thanks Randy, just re-uploaded after renaming the file without that and it has worked.

To note for IPS though, I've been uploading files like this for a while for some events so its strange that its started happening like this.

For now, I'll try and remember to rename the files without this in the name. Much appreciated @Randy Calvert 🙌

• 2 weeks later...