Same sidebar everywhere

Li3D

Hi,

I thought the sidebar was global since version 4 but apparently that's not the case for my activity page, my forums list page and my topics list page.

My home page sidebar is a bit huge et change often.

I would like it to be replicated wherever there may be a sidebar.

Tried to play with sidebar template widgetContainer without succes 😞 

Anyway to achieve this ?

Thanks 🙂 

A global sidebar would break certain pages or conflict with the fixed sidebar content that exist on certain pages.

But it’s really not much trouble to put the same widgets in the sidebar slot on multiple pages.  In case you need a lot of configuration or you have WYSIWYG content, create all the widgets as Pages ACP blocks. Then you can reuse them in multiple places and edit them globally in the ACP

8 minutes ago, opentype said:

But it’s really not much trouble to put the same widgets in the sidebar slot on multiple pages.

I have more than 10 widgets with particular settings, that's really annoying to maintain 😞 

8 minutes ago, opentype said:

In case you need a lot of configuration or you have WYSIWYG content, create all the widgets as Pages ACP blocks. Then you can reuse them in multiple places and edit them globally in the ACP

I don't have page module 🤔

1 minute ago, Daniel F said:

As opentype said, there are few pages which aren't able to have a sidebar because it would destroy the design (calendar, profile)

I don't want sidebare where it's not possible, just the same where there is already (home page, activity page, topics list and messages list) 😛