Change from username login to email login ?

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

12 hours ago, Daniel F said:

The login method was changed from only names to names and emails right after the announcement here.

Where can i change that? Currently in my forum we can only log in using the Username.

I went to Login & Registration in the ACP, but i didn't found that option.

PS: Forget it, i found it.

Edited by RevengeFNF

2 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to achieve by not doing this in the UI the way it was designed?

I am locked out. I completed an upgrade and the login setting defaulted to login with an email address. I can't get into ACP to change the setting and a reset password email on the forum side is never received. So, I have no way in.

Just now, deeshopper_merged said:

I am locked out. I completed an upgrade and the login setting defaulted to login with an email address. I can't get into ACP to change the setting and a reset password email on the forum side is never received. So, I have no way in.

Look in the table core_login_methods.  Inside of that table will have rows for each login method.

Could contain: Text

I believe you're looking for the auth_type.

If you're going to touch the raw database, I recommend making a full backup first just to be safe. Editing the database directly is not directly supported and something that is generally discouraged.  So do what you would with the info.  🙂 

7 hours ago, deeshopper_merged said:

The upgrader doesnt change the login method to email only. Im a little confused as to why you cant reset, nor use your email to log in