PHP8 Compatibility Scanner nonfunctional ONLY on test site

LiquidFractal

I've just upgraded both my test and production sites to 4.7.2.1.  All is well, but I thought I'd point out that (in my case at least) the Compatibility Scanner isn't working properly on my test install - it constantly throws the following error: There was an error loading the hook scanner results.

This seems strange to me, since a day ago I reinstalled all of my apps and plugins on the test site which I have on my production site (and even in the same order), minus a couple of disabled or no-longer-available plugins etc.  There are no problems whatsoever on my production site, which correctly lists apps which have been disabled as incompatible.

This isn't a huge deal for me, as my production site seems to be fine - just FYI in case you wanted to tweak something.

PS both sites are running PHP 8.1.10.

Edited by LiquidFractal

11 hours ago, LiquidFractal said:

This seems strange to me, since a day ago I reinstalled all of my apps and plugins on the test site which I have on my production site (and even in the same order), minus a couple of disabled or no-longer-available plugins etc.  There are no problems whatsoever on my production site, which correctly lists apps which have been disabled as incompatible.

Could you please clarify what you mean be re-installed? Was this a full uninstall and re-install via the Marketplace?

11 hours ago, Jim M said:

Could you please clarify what you mean be re-installed? Was this a full uninstall and re-install via the Marketplace?

Sure - by re-installed I mean browsing to all of the applicable applications and plugins in the Marketplace and installing them from there.  I had not uninstalled any of them recently; this was a daisy-fresh install of my test site, so I was adding them again from scratch.

Hope this helps!

Edited by LiquidFractal

I've been getting the same error with PHP 8.1 and my test board. 100 or so apps and plugins installed, haven't tried a fresh install yet.

TypeError
count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, bool given
                            if ( $limit !== -1 )
                            {
                                $limit -= \count( $methodIssues );
                            }

$issues[$appOrPlugin] = $issues[$appOrPlugin] ?? [];
                            $issues[$appOrPlugin][$classDetails['filepath']] = array_merge( $issues[$appOrPlugin][$classDetails['filepath']] ?? [], $methodIssues );

On 9/19/2022 at 4:18 AM, Michael.J said:

I've been getting the same error with PHP 8.1 and my test board. 100 or so apps and plugins installed, haven't tried a fresh install yet.

TypeError
count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, bool given
                            if ( $limit !== -1 )
                            {
                                $limit -= \count( $methodIssues );
                            }

$issues[$appOrPlugin] = $issues[$appOrPlugin] ?? [];
                            $issues[$appOrPlugin][$classDetails['filepath']] = array_merge( $issues[$appOrPlugin][$classDetails['filepath']] ?? [], $methodIssues );

Is your live site also using 8.1?

12 hours ago, Jaymez said:

i have this error per php8 update too

Could you please confirm if you are on 8.0 or 8.1?