Your Invision Community license expires emails go crazy?

28 minutes ago, Washerhelp said:

Hi there. Is there nothing I can check myself? I very much appreciate that getting access to people's dashboard is a much more preferable way of dealing with things for you guys, but I've had a lot of poor and bad experience with people accessing my backend :-) including someone replacing my htaccess file with a bog standard basic one and deleting over 40 of my redirects and various other customisations. There are other incidents that I won't bore you with too. I hasten to add that this was not you guys. But I just prefer not to let people have a direct look until at least the basics have been checked.

As reported last week, I had disabled the, "Invision Community License expires or will expire soon" notification in my dashboard. I have just tried re-enabling it, and received 2 more, "Your Invision Community License" expiry notifications within less than a minute.

Just to confirm, my licence does not expire while 22 November. Plus, I have run Invision forums for over 10 years, and to my recollection they never send me these emails because it just gets automatically paid by direct debit.

I'm afraid, in order to investigate what is happening specifically on your community in your environment, we would require access. If you do not wish to provide us access, you can certainly wait for the fix which will be released from other individuals who are having a similar problem but there is no guarantee that it will resolve your issue if there is something specific to your installation/environment.

On 9/9/2022 at 12:38 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

I understand you are having issues with emails, however your other email address was added to that, and you should add that as an alternative contact. I cannot escalate your ticket and get you a resolution if you cannot recieve the emails

Just a head up on this.

• I do not receive email from support, and I can't register my second e-mail adress on this website as alternative contact, because I an not allowed to be a member - I'm blocket because of my Ip adress. I have given you my Ip adress on PM, but still you have not opened that Ip. I am on a vessel in the middle of the ocean so I can't alter my Ip - like using my mobile/wifi/ gives the same Ip.
  •  
  • It is important for me to keep my licenses active, so when I received that email because of your bug, I paid USD 105  for a licence that i do not use - a license from 2005.
  • I have not received any reply on my ticket about refund from a week ago.

11 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I do not receive email from support, and I can't register my second e-mail adress on this website as alternative contact, because I an not allowed to be a member - I'm blocket because of my Ip adress. I have given you my Ip adress on PM, but still you have not opened that Ip. I am on a vessel in the middle of the ocean so I can't alter my Ip - like using my mobile/wifi/ gives the same Ip.

This is actually my fault. My apologies. I had missed your PM there so hadnt seen your reply. I have now sorted that for you. This has however been passed to our engineers as there is more than one person having the problem

11 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:
  • It is important for me to keep my licenses active, so when I received that email because of your bug, I paid USD 105  for a licence that i do not use - a license from 2005.
  • I have not received any reply on my ticket about refund from a week ago.

You should have recieved a response on your other email address that I copied in. If you are not recieving that also, and that is on the same provider, you need to contact your mail provider unfortunately. 

26 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You should have recieved a response on your other email address that I copied in. If you are not recieving that also, and that is on the same provider, you need to contact your mail provider unfortunately. 

Thanks, now I was able to register, and I have done so and added my other e-mail as a second contact. 

I received an e-mail a week ago that my ticket about "Refund" was escalated to a manager. Nothing else..

19 hours ago, Jim M said:

I'm afraid, in order to investigate what is happening specifically on your community in your environment, we would require access

Hi Jim. It's not happening specifically in my community, there several people with the same issue, plus presumably others who have not actually complained about maybe just turned of notifications.

I would just like to know a little bit more about what you suspect it could be? There must be several things that you would immediately check if you had full access to my dashboard. If you were to post them I could check myself, and so could anyone else with the same problem saving you time and trouble later having to do it for everyone.

If there aren't any things that I can check myself, it would imply that there isn't anything that is suspected, and maybe it is something very strange that instead requires someone to rummage through everything and see if they can spot anything?

Nothing has changed on my forums, it's all standard installation with the latest updates. Have you developed any suspicions as to what could possibly account for the emails to be suddenly gone off piste so to speak?

Edited by Washerhelp

This has now been resolved in the latest release (4.7.2). Please update to this version to resolve the problem. If you are still experiencing the issue after upgrade, please let us know.

This has been improved in 4.7.2 , however we are looking for further solutions to the issue, as it appears to be a PHP bug causing this