Maintenance Tasks Not Running

Go to solution Solved by Chris Anderson,

As I am still testing the gallery on a test site, today, when I logged in, I was welcomed with this big red notification stating:

Maintenance Tasks Not Running

Routine maintenance tasks are performed as users access the site but it looks like the traffic to your community is not sufficient to run these tasks on time. This will cause significant damage to your community if not resolved. It is recommended that you set up a cron or a web service so that these tasks can be run even when there isn't any traffic coming to your community.

What does that mean? of course there isn't much traffic as it is a test environment. What do I do?

• Solution

Copy the highlighted value below into your cron job:

Could contain: Text, Page, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Advertisement, Poster

Could contain: Page, Text, Document, File

You can also use a third-party web service like cron-job.org which is free.  You just type the value into the url field and choose a 1-minute schedule. Be sure to save the settings in the ACP prior to starting a cron job or use a web service.  Verify that the tasks are running every minute after setting up either type of service.

6 minutes ago, Carole Asselin said:

Where do I find that? I can't copy/paste from your image.

The code will not be the same for you, it varies by server.

ACP > System > Settings > Advanced Configuration > Task Method

"When this setting is enabled you MUST ensure that the cron is set up properly. If this setting is turned on but no cron is set up it will cause significant damage to your site."