syntax error, unexpected " ...

Go to solution Solved by Raul Danciu,

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

syntax error, unexpected '' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting '-' or identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING)

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

I enabled the dev mode, but i dont really understand the problem !

Could contain: Text, File, Page, Menu

7 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

Have you uploaded the developer files before you enabled IN_DEV?

Yes, that screenshot is with developer mode enabled.

Without it, it would only appear this message

"We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

syntax error, unexpected '' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting '-' or identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING)

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later."

Sorry, I forgot to explain. I updated my Invisioncommunity version and I've got this error.

Edited by dndarknight

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

The developer files for dev mode are separate from the core software files. They are located at the link below:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7185-developer-tools/

If you updated the core software, you will also need the latest develop files.

Well, that's exactly what I did. Firstly I tried to update my IPS Version and when I got this error I downloaded the developer tools to dig a litle bit deeper  into this problem. And after I downloaded the developer tools it showed the the line where the problem is, but I don't know how to solve it.

Edited by dndarknight

So. 
I currently have a nulled forum and I have this license (I had a backup with a nulled suite, but i want it to be with the licensed suite that I bought the backup suite version runs on v4.6.5.1). And I want to use it on my community, but when I update from nulled to licensed I want all the contents to remain. Any tip how should I do it the right way? 

Edited by dndarknight

You will need to ensure you have purchased each application for your license that you intend to utilize before you upgrade. Then you will likely want to delete all the following folders and re-upload our core software again as nulled software can contain backdoors, issues, modifications, etc... that will cause errors, major security holes, or potentially loss of your license.

You will want to keep only any files that are user generated attachments or software custom settings (e.g. conf_global.php, constants.php). If you have any third party add-ons, please ensure those are not nulled either or again, you'll be causing the same issues.

You can delete the following. When in doubt, compare it with a fresh download from the Client Area.

• applications (keep third party applications that are from the marketplace but remove all core/third party nulled applications)
  • api
  • datastore
  • oauth
  • plugins (keep third party applications that are from the marketplace)
  • system
  • 404error.php
  • Credits.txt
  • error.php
  • index.php
  • init.php
  • sitemap.php

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You will need to ensure you have purchased each application for your license that you intend to utilize before you upgrade. Then you will likely want to delete all the following folders and re-upload our core software again as nulled software can contain backdoors, issues, modifications, etc... that will cause errors, major security holes, or potentially loss of your license.

You will want to keep only any files that are user generated attachments or software custom settings (e.g. conf_global.php, constants.php). If you have any third party add-ons, please ensure those are not nulled either or again, you'll be causing the same issues.

You can delete the following. When in doubt, compare it with a fresh download from the Client Area.

• applications (keep third party applications that are from the marketplace but remove all core/third party nulled applications)
  • api
  • datastore
  • oauth
  • system
  • 404error.php
  • Credits.txt
  • error.php
  • index.php
  • init.php
  • sitemap.php

I followed the steps you gave me, and I still got this error.
We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

• Solution

34 minutes ago, Jim M said:

• api
  • datastore
  • oauth
  • system
  • 404error.php
  • Credits.txt
  • error.php
  • index.php
  • init.php
  • sitemap.php

Well, this is actully the solution and he had some file missing like error.php from public_html and some files from public_html/admin. After I did what you advised him to do, I updated the Invision Suite directly from Applications/System. When I pressed Update Now, I couldn't contiune without some files which. After that I downloaded again the Invisioncommunity Suite from client area and I replaced the files that are missing, I pressed contiune and everything worked perfectly.

Not just that he's php version was running on 7.2 but I helped him change it to 8.0, after I changed it to PHP Version 8.0 the platform started working correctly.

And I did something else aswell from "Support" there were some recomandations and some criticals error which could be solved only with a click.

Sorry if i miss spelled some words.

Edited by drawncodes.

5 minutes ago, drawncodes. said:

Well, this is actully the solution and he had some file missing like error.php from public_html and some files from public_html/admin. 

Not just that he's php version was running on 7.2 but I helped him change it to 8.0, after I changed it to PHP Version 8.0 the platform started working correctly.

And I did something else aswell from "Support" there were some recomandations and some criticals error which could be solved only with a click.

Excellent. Thank you for elaborating on that!