Upgrade from 4.7.0 to 4.7.1 failing

Go to solution Solved by Miss_B,

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

I think I have it properly updated now

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2022 at 3:47 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Please let us know if you attempt this again and have the same issue. At that point, we would of course need to look into it

Had the same issue with 4.7.2.  Seems to be some sort of issue updating the database.

I restored again so it's in a working form to investigate. Please re-open the ticket.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:13 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Please do not restore. You need to report this with the issue in place, in order for us to take a look at the problem. As soon as it breaks, do nothing else with the site other than report it to ourselves. We can then get the problem resolved for you

I understand what you're saying here but I don't know how busy support will be at any time and thus I'm gambling on how long my site will be down when I go through a process that I know will break the site.   Given that the upgrade process takes less than a minute to break couldn't I get a ticket opened up and part of addressing it is support just running the upgrade process? 

10 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Urgent issues would indeed be looked at as soon as possible. Are you around at the moment to do this?

I'm going to plan to run this first thing tomorrow morning as that seems to line up with when you post. Hopefully around 7am EST

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 2:54 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

Im in the UK personally, so if you run at that time, it will be around midday here. I will be around. Just to note, I just noticed you asked if I was around in PM. Always ask in the ticket as there will have been other people around when you mentioned you wanted to get it going there.

Ran through the upgrade again. Site once again down. Please help.

Cannot proceed past this point

Truncated incorrect DECIMAL value: ''
/home/nginx/domains/huskerhoopscentral.com/public/applications/core/sources/Setup/Upgrade.php::594

• Solution

Do you have strict sql mode enabled?  Somewhere an empty string ''  is being passed as a value for decimal fields in the insert query. If strict sql mode is enabled and an invalid data is inserted into a column, it throws an error rather than providing a warning.

I 've come this across before. I fixed it by changing the INSERT query to add the IGNORE command. 

i.e. from INSERT INTO table_name to INSERT IGNORE INTO table_name

Hope it helps.

Edited by Miss_B

13 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

Do you have strict sql mode enabled?  Somewhere an empty string ''  is being passed as a value for decimal fields in the insert query. If strict sql mode is enabled and an invalid data is inserted into a column, it throws an error rather than providing a warning.

I do. By disabling I was able to move past the error. Thank you very much.