Error 2C171/1 when trying to download first file attached in a support ticket.

modman
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

I'm sorry but it doesn't even work as you think, basically you sell a product that doesn't work, you take money ...

Now it's almost a month to fix it, but what if it were a year?  which then I ask myself: did you develop it yourself?

How is it possible all this time to fix a bug?  

It is really true, the world is going to ruin, the most basic rights and honesty are distant memories that the next generations will not even know the existence.  

Thanks and goodbye, I don't want to waste my time and yours anymore (which will be used to fix this bug)…

Drama Le Sigh GIF

There are bugs in ALL software programs.  From Windows/MacOS to iOS/Android to small apps.  

That's why each regularly release updates/fixes.  A bug lasts for as long as it takes to fix.  It might be a month or it might be much longer depending on severity and difficulty to address.  (Low priority issues sometimes take a backseat to bigger more important issues.)

• 1 month later...

Very sorry to hear that you feel this way. However I must admit to being very confused about your post there. The issue was reported by yourself on 23rd august, which is a little under 2 months ago. It did also take a couple of week to get to a point we could replicate unfortunately, which led to a ticket being created on your behalf. This was then investigated by a senior member of our team and confirmed to be a bug.

It can take some time to resolve some issues on the system. While we would certainly like to fix every bug overnight, unfortunately, this will not always be the case. We have had quite a large release, which (as with every release) will result in some bugs that need to be resolved, and these do have to be prioritise. Some may make the first release afterwards, and others may take a couple of releases to be resolved. As we release once per month, the amount of time you are looking at there is not something that is unusual in nature. 

This said, the bug in question has been assigned to a developer, and is being looked at. Some, unfortunately, simply take longer than others to resolve.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I didn't know the support threads were public, can I kindly ask you to hide or delete this one?
I don't like sensitive data from my site being public...

In this discussion for example there are internal links to my ACP and internal images that should not be public.

Thank you

Hi @modman,

I'm sure a team member will sort this out for you soon.

A suggestion for the future though; don't bump the topic you believe contains sensitive information as you bring it into the limelight in various ways including jumping to the top of the forum topic list, entering people's activity streams, etc.

You can always get in touch with someone from the Invision Community Team via private message containing links to your topics to have them censored or deleted. They won't bite... 🤥

Posted (edited)

I didn't want to do something wrong, I just responded to the 3 topics that contained sensitive information, asking them to hide them or make them private.

From my point of view, when a user arrives on this site via the "request support" function from their ACP, the discussion that is created should, at least, be available only to registered users, therefore without allowing Google or others to index the content.

It wouldn't take a malicious person to google "site:invisioncommunity.com "victim's_domain.com" to obtain information... this shouldn't happen regardless, it's wrong.

Thank you

Edited by modman

I have removed anything specifically relating to your site from this topic.

Its worth noting, this isnt something that has changed. This has always been public.

A long time ago, when requesting support from ACP, a private ticket was created on this site, so while things have changed, they haven't always been like this.

Anyway, thanks.

PS: I advise you to notify the user with a pre-set message when the ticket is opened in public mode, because not everyone is aware of this and many, including me, may not be happy about not being notified.

41 minutes ago, modman said:

A long time ago, when requesting support from ACP, a private ticket was created on this site, so while things have changed, they haven't always been like this.

Anyway, thanks.

PS: I advise you to notify the user with a pre-set message when the ticket is opened in public mode, because not everyone is aware of this and many, including me, may not be happy about not being notified.

You could create a ticket from the admin CP. That is indeed no longer present. However it did not open a topic on this site. It opened a ticket in your client area. Tickets are actually still present, but you cannot create them yourself. We can move things to a ticket if needed.

This area however has always been present, and has always been readable by other members. it's a public forum.

Precisely... this transition from a private ticket created by the ACP to a public discussion is not clear for users, it should be specified in large letters, I think many think so.

20 minutes ago, modman said:

Precisely... this transition from a private ticket created by the ACP to a public discussion is not clear for users, it should be specified in large letters, I think many think so.

I feel you are still misunderstanding here. This forum has always been present. Even when you had the private tickets, this forum was public and still present