Upgrade Error

First I must say I am very disappointed that my plan no longer includes direct email support... 😞

I upgraded my PHP version to the recommended 8.0

I launched the upgrade and immediately afterward I get a screen that reads this page is not working. 

I can't access the Admin panel. I'm just stuck...

Sorry to hear you are disappointed about the direct email. To explain, support hasnt changed. We are simply doing it in a different location. We still have access to your details, we can get to a private ticket if needed etc. So nothing really changes in terms of the support you get there.

With the issue in question, firstly I would advise on checking the requirement checker, to make sure after switching you have all the elements needed on your PHP installation. 

I would however suspect this is the case, as you managed to upgrade. So the next (very) likely cause is that you have a 3rd party item which is not compatible with PHP 8. Please disable all 3rd party applications and then check again. You can do this by running recovery mode, as seen in the guide here

I moved it back to 8.0 and I can get back to the upgrade screen. If I hit continue it goes nowhere. 

Could contain: Text, Page, File

Now I'm looking at the recovery mode to disable the 3rd party stuff. Do I have to create a constants.php file or should I be able to find one. I don't see it.

1 minute ago, 2dub said:

I moved it back to 8.0 and I can get back to the upgrade screen. If I hit continue it goes nowhere. 

Could contain: Text, Page, File

Now I'm looking at the recovery mode to disable the 3rd party stuff. Do I have to create a constants.php file or should I be able to find one. I don't see it.

It is hitting a 500 Internal Server Error, you will need to grab the error from your server's error log. If you are unsure how to get this, please contact your hosting provider.

Here's the error in my error log:

2022-08-05 10:02:25.592575 [NOTICE] [38675] [T0] [50.217.172.93:57721-H3:4C408AB74BBA291E-16#APVH_umpire-empire.com:443] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\membermap\Markers\_Markers::contentImages($limit = null) must be compatible with IPS\Content\_Item::contentImages($limit = null, $ignorePermissions = false) in /home/warren/public_html/applications/membermap/sources/Markers/Markers.php on line 643

3 minutes ago, 2dub said:

Here's the error in my error log:

2022-08-05 10:02:25.592575 [NOTICE] [38675] [T0] [50.217.172.93:57721-H3:4C408AB74BBA291E-16#APVH_umpire-empire.com:443] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\membermap\Markers\_Markers::contentImages($limit = null) must be compatible with IPS\Content\_Item::contentImages($limit = null, $ignorePermissions = false) in /home/warren/public_html/applications/membermap/sources/Markers/Markers.php on line 643

This is third party and may not be recent enough but we can try disabling that.

Please update FTP:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you.