Running a Database Query

We have a database with a bunch of entries, around 1300. I need to change the owner of all of those entries to another owner. How do I run a query against this database to easily do this? Is there a query window or terminal? What should the statement/code/format look like and where should I set this one-shot up? Thank you for any guidance.

Could contain: Text, Page

7 hours ago, The Britain said:

We have a database with a bunch of entries, around 1300. I need to change the owner of all of those entries to another owner. How do I run a query against this database to easily do this? Is there a query window or terminal? What should the statement/code/format look like and where should I set this one-shot up? Thank you for any guidance.

Could contain: Text, Page

A word of advice if I may, make first a backup of the dataabase before you run any queries. 

The best place to run queries would be at the SQL Tab for the forum 's database at phpmyadmin.

1 hour ago, Miss_B said:

A word of advice if I may, make first a backup of the dataabase before you run any queries. 

The best place to run queries would be at the SQL Tab for the forum 's database at phpmyadmin.

Definitely, I do several backups a day. Ideally I don’t want to install PHPMyAdmin on my VPS. Is there a way to craft the query in IPB? 

5 hours ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

If you’re on a previous version and not the very latest you’ll have the sql toolbox in acp.

This nice feature was removed on the latest release 4.7.0. 

I wasn’t aware of this tool I’ll check it out. Thank you. 

@Kjell Iver Johansen I found the tool you referenced and this will save a lot of time. I'm not sure why they would remove something this useful from the software but I'm sure there was a good reason. Luckily I haven't updated yet.

For anyone else stumbling on this, it's under "Get Support" in the ACP and then "SQL Toolbox" on the right.

Edited by The Britain