Experienced Upgrade Help Needed

I Admin/Moderate a large 15 yr. old "Community" (425 GB - almost all in the Forum) for an important customer, with important information and images. It is running V 4.4.10 on a dedicated server with Liquid Web. 

I wish to hire someone experienced to upgrade to the latest version. I don't want to take any chances. I previously paid Invision to do my upgrades via their "Premium Support" which I believe is no longer available. So, I have little confidence in my abilities in this area, or the "automatic" upgrade process when it comes to dealing with such an irreplaceable resource.

I am more concerned with hiring experience before cost. There is a very simple skin with minor customization. A third party App that I believe will need to be eliminated (unsupported, and reason for no recent upgrades). And unsure about PHP and MySQL version compatibilities - see attached info.

Website URL - www.palmtalk.org

Could contain: Text, Page, Paper, Business Card

15 hours ago, teraßyte said:

You'll also need to upgrade PHP at least to 7.4 before upgrading the forum to the latest version. PHP 8 would be even better. You can ask your hosting about that, unless you manage also the server yourself.

Thanks for reply - Yes I understand there may be things like this, but that is one of the things I worry about - that is, would PHP 8 be compatible with V 4.4.10 if I upgraded to it before the IPS upgrade. Or should I go to PHP 7.4 first and then to PHP 8 after the IPS upgrade? 

Same concerns with MySQL and possibly Apache versions as well.

Those are the main reasons I would prefer to hire someone familiar with such issues. 

It is a fully managed dedicated server so easy enough to get done.

Would you be interested in doing the work?

22 hours ago, Jim M said:

You may wish to check out the third party providers page for individual to assist you here in your upgrade: https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/

Thanks Jim - was hoping to find some interested parties here first and field a few responses. If this doesn't work, I will certainly try reaching out via your referred list. Thanks again

1 hour ago, PalmTalk said:

Thanks for reply - Yes I understand there may be things like this, but that is one of the things I worry about - that is, would PHP 8 be compatible with V 4.4.10 if I upgraded to it before the IPS upgrade. Or should I go to PHP 7.4 first and then to PHP 8 after the IPS upgrade? 

Same concerns with MySQL and possibly Apache versions as well.

Those are the main reasons I would prefer to hire someone familiar with such issues. 

It is a fully managed dedicated server so easy enough to get done.

Would you be interested in doing the work?

Some 3rd party apps. are not yet compatible with php8.0, so, php7.4 is more stable now in case you are willing to use apps/plugins from marketplace.

https://php.watch/versions/8.0/lsp-errors

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 2:11 PM, PalmTalk said:

Thanks Jim - was hoping to find some interested parties here first and field a few responses. If this doesn't work, I will certainly try reaching out via your referred list. Thanks again

I'm happy to help - send me a DM. It's probably less scary than you think 🙂